[15] Help you remember

"Phil's gay! Phil's gay! Phil likes boys!"

Phil could hear the other students mocking him.

"Guys, let's stay away from Phil, or else he will infect you too!"

Phil could feel tears threatening to fall.

He regretted telling his best friend that he preferred guys over girls. Because now, his so called best friend that he thought he could trust told the entire school.

"You're a freak, Phil. No one likes you now, because you're gay. Nobody likes gays!"

"Stop it! Stop, stop, stop it!" Phil cried out, wishing all this madness would stop.

Nobody likes gays...Nobody likes gays.

Phil opened his eyes, his breathing was unnaturally fast and his heart was pacing.

"This is just a dream, this is just a dream." Phil muttered repeatedly to himself, trying to steady his breathing.

Phil always suspected that he was gay, but he never dared to tell anyone, in fear of being judged or hated.

And that horrible nightmare proved it all.

"I can't be gay. I'm not gay. Just because I never liked girls and I always found guys cuter doesn't mean that I'm gay. I absolutely cannot be gay." Phil told himself, clutching his bedsheets.

Suddenly, Phil felt very disorientated.

Since when were his bedsheets like this?

He looked around frantically and realized that he was in an unknown room.

Where were his posters? What happened to his room?

Phil shakily stood up.

Wait...why did he seem taller?

Walking over to a full length mirror leaning against the wall, Phil looked into it and screamed.

"I...I'm...OLD!"

Suddenly, a guy Phil didn't know burst into the room.

"Phil, why are you screaming at 4am in the morning?"

"I...I don't know you. Why am I here? Why am I so old?" Phil was freaking out by now.

But it was normal for him to be like this, because if you fell asleep as a 15 year old and woke up as a 28 year old, why wouldn't you be screaming?

Phil's mind was all muddled up and he was hyperventilating.

He did not understand what was happening, he was very sure that he was 15 yesterday, so how did time pass by so fast? Did he fall asleep for a few years or was he sucked into some wormhole and transported to this dimension?

"Alright, Phil, calm down." The guy who came into Phil's "room" rubbed his back.

Phil took a deep breath and looked at the brown hair and brown eyed "stranger".

"Who...who are you? Heck, I'm not even sure if I know who I am anymore." Phil rubbed his eyes and shut his eyelids, telling himself not to cry.

"Shhh, shhhh. Don't cry Phil, it's fine. I think you just have slight amnesia or something. But um who exactly do you think you are right now?"

Phil swallowed uncomfortably, "I-I'm Philip Michael Lester."

The boy nodded, "Your age?"

Phil grew even more uncomfortable, like he was in class and he wasn't so sure about the answer but the teacher asked him anyways.