0.2

Driving back home, I can still feel my heart hammering in my chest.

"Mercy, oh my G.od. I wouldn't have met them without you." I finally say, after not speaking for a long time.

"Hey, I didn't anticipate that part... but still, you're welcome." She smirks, her eyes still focused on the road. I bite back a smile and reach forward, grabbing her car phone charger. I feel inside my pocket, but my heart stops when I realize something.

It's not there.

"S.hit." I curse. Mercy glances at me.

"What's wrong?" Her tone is worried, and I shake my head at myself.

"I don't have my phone." I admit.

"April, I'm sorry." She apologizes.

"It's okay. It isn't your fault." I shrug.

"Even if we did go back, there's no way we'd ever find it." She sighs.

"Yeah." I agree, willing the conversation back into silence. Slowly, my mind wanders back to the few seconds that I was safe, locked in Luke's arms.

-

"April, wake up!" My mom orders, tapping my shoulder over and over. I groan.

"What time is it?" I mutter.

"7:30." She responds, earning a louder groan.

"Mom, I don't have to go to school anymore. It's too early. Wake me up at lunch." I snuggle back into my pillow.

"April, somebody called my cell phone, and they're asking for you." She continues. This makes me slowly sit up in confusion, and she's holding her phone out with her other hand on her hip.

"Chill, mom. I'm sure it's nothing." I take the phone, pressing it to my ear.

"Don't use that tone. I made chocolate chip waffles for you when you're done." Then she leaves the room, and I mentally sigh.

"Hello? Who is this?" I finally say into the phone.

"Is this April?" The other person asks, and their voice is familiar.

"I don't know why you're calling me through my mom's number." I more or less admit, and the person lets out a chuckle, which is also all-too-familiar.

"I can't exactly call your phone, considering I have it."

"You have my phone? Who is this? How did you guess my passcode?" I rush questions at him.

"Woah, hold on there, April. Also, 5sos? That's a terrible passcode to have if you decide to lose your phone at a 5sos concert." The person teases, making me blush.

"So, are you going to give it back, then?" I ask uncomfortably.

"Of course." The voice responds, not leading into any more conversation making it even more awkward.

"Uhm, I could give you my address and you could send it?" I suggest, biting my lip. This is the weirdest conversation I've had in a long time.

"Actually, I was hoping to return it to you in person." I can actually feel his smirk through the phone, despite the fact that I have no idea who I'm talking to.

"I don't even know who you are." I deadpan.

"You can trust me."

"This is weird." I blurt, and the other person chuckles. I silently wait for him to finish laughing.

"So, can I meet you?" He persists.

"I guess." I sigh, picking at the nail polish on my toe nail. My stomach rumbles at the scent of the waffles my mother made that has slowly wafted up the stairs, and I pray that this conversation will be over soon.

"You know that little café? Uh, Lewee's?"

"I do, but that's in Los Angeles, which is almost 2 hours away." I dismiss, and I can hear some shuffling and other male voices in the background.

"But I'm in Los Angeles." He argues.

"And I'm not." I volley.

"Could you just- please?" He begs, which for some reason makes my chest stir, and I shake my head at what I know I'm about to say next.

"Fine." I huff.

"Thank you! Be there at 2:30!" He shouts, before hanging up the phone and not giving me enough time to respond.

I finally get out of bed, only one thought clouding my head:

Who am I going to convince to take me to LA?
-

Short, I know. The next one when she sees the mystery boy will be longer:-)

I freaking love Luke Hemmings so much no one understands

I'm trying to make her more of a fangirl in the story so she's a little easier to relate to than most main characters in stories:-)

I miss 5sos terribly, by the way...

Thanks for reading!!

Lots of love,

Kat xxxx