Chapter 39

Nicole's p.o.v

"Nicole I think you should come home." My mom looks at me in the eye, I break contact and look at Sam who was already looking at me with a worried look.

"No, no, she can't." Sam begged.

"I am her mother, she is only 17. I never told her she could leave. I spent months without my baby and I won't spend another second." Mom still doesn't know about the kidnapping. I told her that I left by choice.

I looked at Nash who walked in with roses and holding his new girlfriends hand. She was ten times prettier than me. She was tall and blonde with blue eyes. I bit my lip trying to hold the tears back and grabbed the roses. "Yeah, sh-she's right I do need to go home." I stuttered.

Everyone turned their attention to me and stared in shock. I watched as a tear rolled off Nash's cheek and hit the ground. "You can't be serious." Sam cried. "If you're leaving then I'm leaving with you." He held my hand and wiped away his tears.

I only watch Nash as his cheeks became a bright red, I could see the anger in his eyes as he stormed off leaving his girlfriend in the room. "Are you guys dating." Luke laughed.

"We're just friends." I replied, pushing him off the bed.

"Well she is but I'm not." Sam giggled repeating the line off  The Fault In Our Stars where Augustus and Hazel were taking off in the airplane. That was our favorite movie.

"Okay?" I giggled, tilting his chin up and looking into his eyes.

"Okay." He smiled. I laughed a little and let go.

"I ship it." Luke whispered into my ear. I messed up his hair and pushed him off the bed again.

"And Kaitlynn your mom wants you back home too. I spoke with her on my way here." Mom laughed. I looked at Kaitlynn and stuck my tongue out at her and she did the same. I let them talk while I talked to Sam.

"Hey since I'm going to die anytime soon, what do you say? Wanna do something illegal before we leave." I whispered. He looked at me and bit his lip before shaking his head yeah. "Also if I lose my hair will you go wig shopping with me." I half joked.

"Don't talk like that, Nicole. I don't want you to think like that. But yes I will go wig shopping with you." He whispered back. I kissed his cheek and looked away. I looked back at him and saw his face possibly redder than a tomato. I don't want to catch feeling for him...