Chapter 13

Ethan's P.O.V

(Whilst Hallie is with Brandon)

Hallie walked off and I saw that Brandon was at the gate. I grabbed hold of Grayson to make him stop.

"Just wait here a minute, it's Brandon at the gate. I want to make sure that he doesn't start shouting at her."

Grayson looked at me with a cheeky look.

"What?" No answer, "What Gray?"

"You like Hallie."

"What? No I don't!"

"You do! We all know it! Don't worry she likes you back."

"She said that?"

"Not exactly ... but she shows it."

"Don't start all the 'actions speak louder than words' lecture. She doesn't like me so I'll just have to live with it."

"But me and Willow both think the same! The way you two look at each other just shows how much you care for each and I heard your phone call last night, it was pretty cute."

"Well I, erm, I suppose it was but I had to make sure she was okay."

"Her face lights up when she sees you, you know? You should have seen her last night when I offered for her to come to ours, she seemed happy to see..." I stopped him.

"Ssh, she's coming!"

We stopped talking and I knew she realised that we were whispering about her.

"What have I done now?"

Quickly, I replied, "What? Nothing? Why?"

"Hmm, whatever you say."

"So, is everything okay with you and Brandon?" Grayson butted in.

"Yeah, he wanted to say sorry but I'll have to talk to him properly later."

I sort of zoned out after this. What if what Grayson is saying is true? What if she really likes me? But Grayson could just want to see me humiliated. But he isn't like that. He wouldn't do that to me.

"Remember that Ethan?"

Wait, I don't know what they're talking about, "Hmm, what?"

"I was just on about some memories from when we went to LA."

"Aah right, I love when we go away!"

"We should do it again soon and you should come Hal!"

"Sounds good!"

I'd like for us all to go somewhere like that, it'd be such a laugh.

Hallie looked up excitedly, "Imagine if we all went? It'd be so good!"

"It would be so funny!"

It was if a light bulb suddenly went off in Grayson's head, "I'll have a look into a night away somewhere like New York because it's not that far away!"

"Sounds like a good idea, you can come over to look with us if you want after school?"

Her faced dropped, "I can't tonight, I told Bran I'd talk it through with him but if I can get out after that then I will."

"No, no, you spend time with your family tonight, we can look tomorrow!"

"Yeah, yeah!"

I hope this actually happens I'd like to spend some proper quality time with my best friends.