No More Broken Hearts Pt. 2

The funny thing about life is that people always seem to enter it right on time. That's how Normani felt about Zendaya. The way they had clicked over these last two months had been nothing short of amazing, albeit completely unexpected. Ever since their first date, they'd been inseparable. Zendaya pushed Normani to get out of her shell, encouraging her to step away from her comfort zone and try new things. Hence this audition she was currently sitting at today. Normani sat nervously shaking her leg, going back and forth with the thought of bolting.

Zendaya had convinced her go to the audition for a singing part in a new Disney movie that was coming out in a year or so. "Are you crazy? My first audition, and you want me to try for a Disney role?!" Normani had questioned her, practically yelling in her disbelief. Zendaya had looked at Normani with her usual kind eyes and calm expression, smiling broadly at her. "Yes, baby, I do" she had answered so calmly. "You can sang, and you know it. Stop pretending like you don't know what you're doing. You could easily go and blow everyone in that room away. What's the point in living near LA with a voice like yours and not using your amazing girlfriend's contacts to get a foot in the door? Besides, you can't deny that getting paid well for something you love to do wouldn't help make going to school a lot easier. Am I right?" Normani just sighed over at Zendaya. She was right on all counts as usual. Scholarships and grants only went so far. Work study paid shitty, and quite frankly Normani was tired of tutoring dumb jocks just so she could make some money to get by. Nodding her head at Zendaya, Normani let out a small laugh. "You're always right, babe. It's kind of annoying sometimes. Let me be pessimistic dammit". The twinkle that was in her eyes was a look that gave Zendaya chills. She loved to see Normani happy. She loved it even more when the source of her happiness was her. Zendaya smiled at her and gave her a sweet peck on the lips. "Never that, Mani. Negative thinking gets you nowhere. Now, get your ass up and let's find a song for you to blow them away with at your audition".

Normani was number 38 to audition. When they called number 36 back, she got chills. Number 37 made her heart feel like it was going to thump out of her chest. Normani seriously felt like leaving. She didn't know if she could handle the pressures of this. Just when she thought this, her phone went off signaling a message from Zendaya.

Daya Boo : Knock em dead baby! You'll do great. Don't panic. Don't run! Lol...you got this

Mani Cakes: I totally thought about running 100 times. Lmao! Thank you baby!

Daya Boo: I figured as much. Good luck! Not that you'll need it

Mani Cakes: Thanks love!

"Number 38. You're up" came the call from the front of the room. Normani let out a nervous breath before standing up and walking up to the audition area. A stage hand placed a microphone in her shaking hands, pointing towards a platform in the middle of the small stage. "Go and stand up there. When you hear the cue, you'll do your audition. Good luck" the man told her dryly. "Gee thanks" Normani muttered under her breath as she proceeded towards the platform. Her legs felt like Jell-O. She was fairly certain the panel of representatives from the movie could see her body shaking. The three men and two women stared at her a long moment. They were no doubt sizing her up before she even started. "Welcome to Hollywood" she thought to herself. Suddenly, the man in the middle commandingly snapped his fingers, and the music started playing. "Show time" Normani thought to herself.

Normani had immediately gone into a zone as soon as the first key played. She hit every note. Even though the committee couldn't show praise for an individual, Normani saw how impressed they were. Her confidence instantly boosted up to a million. "Thank you, Ms. Hamilton. We will be in touch within the next two or three days" one of the panel members said. "Thank you" Normani said with a nod and a breathtaking smile as she prepared to exit the room. Normani looked back one more time before she descended the stairs, making eye contact with one of the ladies in the panel. The woman discreetly flashed Normani a quick smile and a thumbs up before she returned her attention back to the papers in front of them.