Finale

Normani watched on in amusement as the two ladies on stage belted out a horrid rendition of Ellie Goulding's "On My Mind". They were drunk and loud, but they were having the time of their lives. This train wreck was too good to turn away. She was in her own little world when she heard the thud of a full glass being set onto the bar top behind her, causing her to turn around on her stool.

"This one is on the house. The bartender thinks you're a cutie" Zendaya said with a wink.

Normani bit her lip to hide the shy smile that threatened to break out onto her face. "Well, tell the bartender I said thank you, but I'm not here to drink tonight."

Zendaya smiled sweetly at the woman she had grown so fond of. "That's why it's a virgin daiquiri".
Normani formed an 'O' with her mouth and chuckled. "In that case, disregard that".

Zendaya stared at Normani with a look that she couldn't really read in her eyes for a moment before she leaned across the bar and planted a sweet, gentle kiss on Normani's lips. The tenderness of it made Normani subconsciously touch her lips in an effort to make sure it had really happened.

"Thanks for waiting around for me to finish up here tonight. I know we had plans days ago, but tonight was the best I could do to carve out some time for us. I promise when we get out of here, I'll make it up to you" Zendaya said, as she lightly grazed her thumb on the back of Normani's hand.

"No worries, love. Go tend to your other customers. I'll be here when you're done" Normani said, giving her a sweet smile in return.

It had been nearly a week since Normani had met up with Dinah, and Zendaya still had no clue. She felt bad hiding that fact from her, but she'd wanted to discuss things in person. Zendaya had been so busy between her jobs and other priorities, that the opportunity to talk hadn't really presented itself. Until tonight. Normani felt the butterflies dancing around in her stomach, but she pushed those aside. Tonight she would put on her big girl panties and tackle this head on. "Que sera sera" she thought silently to herself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Zendaya got done with work, the two girls had decided to drive back to her apartment so they could talk in private. During the fifteen minute drive there, Normani had been trying to figure out the best way to approach the subject at hand. There really was no easy way to do this other than to just tackle it head on, and take whatever consequences may come. Normani pulled her car up in the space beside Zendaya, taking a deep breath to steady her nerves as she shut off the engine. "Here goes nothing" she thought to herself as she followed Zendaya to her apartment.

"Make yourself at home, Princess. I'm just gonna go change right quick" Zendaya said as she pushed the front door open. Normani glanced up as Zendaya closed her bedroom door, staring at it for a moment to make sure the coast was clear before she pulled out her phone to respond to the text she'd just gotten.

DinahLuv:
We still on for tomorrow?

Normani bit her lip and thought about what she was doing for a moment.

ManManz:
What about tonight instead?

The three dots signaling an impending text popped up almost instantly. "Same eager Dinah" Normani thought to herself with a smile as she awaited the incoming response.

"What's got you smiling so hard?" Zendaya suddenly said, causing Normani to jump and clutch a hand to her chest as she screamed loudly. Zendaya's eyes crinkled with laughter. "What the hell? Are you okay, Mani?" she questioned between giggles. "I will be as soon as my heart rate returns to normal. Why are you creeping like a ninja?" Normani joked. "Wasn't creeping, someone was too absorbed in her phone to pay attention" Zendaya said as she took a seat next to Normani on the sofa, her body facing hers, as she pinned Normani with a pointed look. "You want to tell me what's up, Princess?" Normani shifted in her seat a bit under Zendaya's penetrating stare. "The other day, I met up with Dinah for dinner" Normani stated quietly. Zendaya kept a neutral face and remained quiet.