Chapter 24

"Sometimes, the look someone gives you is more important than anything else they do. Especially, when you're NOT looking." Camila was now at her grandma the woman always ready to help her.

"Why is it more important then?" She asked curiously. "Because that's when their look is sincere. Because when they look at you when you're not looking at them, they're not trying to impress you or give you the wrong idea. Because they know you don't see them." The wise woman explained her.

"But it's good you told her you would leave her alone." She told her granddaughter. Camila nodded. "Yeah if this is what she wants.."

"No she doesn't." Abuela answered almost immediately.

----

Here she stood. In front of Lauren's door. She wasn't sure why she was here. Just that, the talk with her grandma had somehow motivated her.
She took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

The door opened and revealed a slightly surprised Lauren.

"Camz? I thought we we-" she began but Camila didn't let her finish. "I know. I know that but please just let me say something to you." Lauren looked at the girl for a moment before letting her in.

"I understand everything okay. You don't like me, you are straight, you don't want to see me again. I get it." Lauren was about to protest. She didn't want the younger girl to think that she hated her.. Or that she was straight. Or actually she wanted to just tell her how much she wanted her. But she didn't get the chance as Camila continued.

"I just don't understand one thing.. why do you keep looking at me like that..?" She asked. Confusion written all over her face. Lauren's pulse started to quicken and her breathing sped up. How was she going to answer this? And how did Camila know how she 'looked' at her.

Camila noticed the quick fear in Lauren's eyes. "I ehm.. I don't know what you mean." She said casually.
"You do know. I'm not stupid Lauren. Why are you running so hot and cold on me? Why were you sweet to me for so long and now suddenly you can't be with me in one room. Why do you talk bad about me behind my back and fight with me but then continue to look at me every chance you get? Why are you confusing me? What do you actually want?" Lauren froze at this point. She hadn't expect this to happen at all.

"Because you are talking a lot of shit about me and fighting with me but then you look at me like.. that.." She pointed to Lauren's eyes. "But then again you have never confirmed that you like me but you haven't denied it either.. you have never said to me that you DONT like me back or that you HATE me.."

"Because I don't.." Lauren said softly. Camila's eyes widened. Did she just indirectly admit that she liked Camila as well? But then Lauren noticed what she had said and she quickly added. "Hate you. I don't hate you." She corrected quickly. "Right now you like me a lot. But I can't be with you.."

Camila sighed, running her hand through her hair. "You're doing it again." She pointed out. "What?" Lauren raised an eyebrow. "You're giving me weird explanations, like can't be with you. What does that mean? Just tell me you don't like me." Camila said frustrated. She wanted Lauren to hurt her so she would finally be able to move on. Lauren was so torn at this point.

She didn't want to lie. But then again she didn't want to make the situation even worse and put both of them in danger.

"Camz.. I don't like you." She said with a pause. She wasn't lying entirely. She loved the girl. She didn't just like her.

That was all Camila needed to hear for her heart to break. But that's what she wanted. Now that Lauren had confirmed it. It made it easier for her to move on and forget the woman completely. The hurt was written all over her face. Lauren couldn't stand looking at her face. She looked away. She inhaled deeply.