"You're A Good Catch"

Chapter 7:

NIALL

"Stop that!" I yelled as Harry and Louis kept throwing popcorn at everyone. They chuckled along with each other, and I rolled my eyes, looking over at Liam, who was the last person they pelted with popcorn. I don't think he really cared right now. He was looking at the TV screen but didn't seem to be paying attention to the movie. He seemed out of it, almost... sad.

I got up and made my way to sit next to him, but he didn't even notice the seat dip down as I sat there. He just stared straight ahead until I tapped him on his shoulder. He jumped a bit before turning to see me sitting there. "Oh. Hey, Niall."

"Hey. What's wrong?" I asked him. He just shrugged and turned away to look at the TV again. I frowned. Why was he acting this way? Did something happen between me picking him up and us getting here?

I grabbed his hand and he turned to me with wide eyes for a second. "Follow me." I said as I stood up, pulling him along with me. I walled through the house until we reached my bedroom. We walked in and I sat on the bed, patting the spot next to me for him to sit. He looked back towards the door before sighing and sitting next to me.

"What's up?" I asked him. I didn't like seeing him sad. I always tried to be there for my friends and make them happy. When Harry's mum got sick, I tried anything to make him smile. When Zayn broke up with his girlfriend that he was madly in love with, I was there for him to make him feel better. It hurt me when my friends were sad, but it seemed to hurt more when Liam was sad. Maybe it's because he was so shy and innocent.

"Nothing I just... do you ever think about your future?" He asked me, turning to face me.

Truth be told, I always did. I always assumed my parents would make up with each other in the future, but that seemed completely unlikely. Their love has died, well, my father's did. It was always my wish that they would fix their problems, and we could just be a happy family again.

"Yeah." I said, trying not to show how sad I truly was. This was about Liam right now, not me. "All the time."

"Same here. I didn't used to always question my future, but lately things have been getting to me. You know, my mum would tell me about how her and my dad fell in love and it just makes me wonder if I will ever find someone who will love me like they love each other. You know?" He said, and I couldn't agree more.

I wanted someone to love me, and I wanted to fall in love, but I couldn't. Not anymore. "That's what is bothering you?" I asked and he offered a small nod. I felt like there was more he wasn't sharing, but I didn't want to push him about it.

"Liam, I'm sure you'll find somebody. You're a good catch. Your kind, good looking, have a great personality, and a great smile!" I said. He smiled when I said that, and I playfully punched his shoulder. "See? There it is." Liam really was great, and I didn't want him to feel so down anymore. I'll admit, he is attractive, but he's just a friend. I haven't been interested in anybody since Danielle.

"Thanks, Niall. If it helps, you're a great catch, too. I'm going to go to the loo real fast. See you back out there, yeah?" He asked, and I nodded, though my mind kept replaying the part where he said I was also a good catch. Why did it matter so much to me?
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°♥°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

LIAM

I walked into the toilet and closed the door behind me. I leaned against it and let out the breath I've been holding in. I was afraid I was going to give away too much information to Niall, but I was so thankful I didn't. I simply wanted to explode in happiness as I remember the things Niall told me in the room. He said I was a nice catch. He said I was good looking and had a nice smile!

I went over to the mirror and looked at my reflection. I felt like I was glowing. This was probably one of the biggest smiles I've ever had in my life. Just the thought of Niall made me all happy and flustered, but knowing what he thinks of me made it so much better! I tried to contain my smile as I finally decided to leave the toilet and go back into the main room.

I joined Louis and Harry on the couch they were sitting on and Louis nudged me. "What was that all about?" He asked, and I just shook my head.

"Nothing. We just talked." I said. He gave me a suspicious look before turning back to chat with Harry. Zayn and Niall were also in a deep conversation, but I didn't feel so low anymore. How could I after having a conversation like that with Niall?

I looked at the movie we were watching and found out it was The Amazing Spiderman 2. I have already seen it so many times, so I just wasn't very interested in it anymore. I decided I might as well call my mum and let her know I am okay. If I don't call her, she will end up calling me.

"Be right back, Lou." I said and he nodded. I got up and left to the kitchen, leaning on the counter as I dialed my mum's phone number. I waited patiently as it rang three times before she answered.

"Liam! How are things with the boys?" She asked.

"Hey, mum. Everything's fine. We're just watching movies. Louis and Harry were pelting popcorn at people almost the whole time." I said with a small chuckle at how weird my friend was, and at the fact that Harry was so compatible to him.

"Sounds like fun! And what about Mr. Loverboy?" She asked me in a teasing voice, and I groaned, feeling my cheeks heating up at the thought of the whole conversation with Niall.

"Nothing, mum. Absolutely nothing you need to know." I said. If I let her pry too far into my love life, she would basically take control of it. Not that my love life is even in my control. Or that I even have a love life to begin with. I gave a small sigh and then my mum yawned. "Tired?"

"Yes. I think I'm heading to bed early tonight. You remember to be on time to school tomorrow Mr. Got that?" She asked in a very pointed voice, and I held back my laugh.

"Yes, ma'am. Goodnight, Mum. Love you." I said and she responded with a goodnight, and I love you of her own before we both hung up.

"Aww! Someone's a mummy's boy!" I heard Harry say. I turned around and saw him standing in the kitchen entry way with an empty popcorn bowl in his hands. He set it on the counter, and I blushed. Not wanting to be embarrassed, I fired back.

"Guess it takes one to know one?" I said. He looked taken back for a second, before he frowned a bit and yelled "Niall!"

He turned and went back into the living room. I trialed behind him and paused once I heard Niall say "I told him you were a mummy's boy and Zayn did what his little sister wanted, while he told me about Louis playing dress up with his sisters."

I froze, gulping as Louis glared at me. "Dress up?" Harry asked as he turned to him, and I saw Louis look at him. "Bet you look good in a dress." Harry commented cheekily.

"Damn straight!" Louis sassed and then all of the tension was gone, replaced with laughter between all of us. It turned out, this was the perfect night. Just me, some friends, and a guy I liked that didn't even have a clue or return my feelings. Way to bring myself down again....