Battered & Bruised

Chapter 63:

LIAM

I was late. I was supposed to meet the boys after school, but I had to stay for a bit to talk to my chemistry teacher about my grade. I didn't finish an important lab report, but that was only because I didn't feel like doing much when Niall was gone. He'd probably be a bit disappointed if he knew that I still wasn't making much of an attempt to eat.

I walked out of the room, calling out a goodbye to the teacher before I began to walk quickly down the hall. They were so silent, and I found it a bit funny how it only took a few kids inside of the halls to make them the worse place ever. When they were silent, like this, they were pretty comfortable to walk in.

I turned down the last hall, seeing the exit to the school, but I froze in my spot as a door opened and out stepped Matt. He was grumbling something under his breath, and I stayed in my spot, hoping he wouldn't notice me. He just had to turn and see me standing here- alone and defenseless, and I knew I would be in for it.

I tried backing up, going to turn around the corner again, but he looked up and saw me. A sinister smile grew on his face, and he stepped towards me. "Well well well. Who do we have here? Heard that your little boyfriend moved away. Who's gonna save you now?" He asked.

I stood there, fear creeping through me, and then I did the only thing I knew how to do in this situation. I ran.

I turned and sprinted down the hallways, doing all I could possibly do to get away from Matt. He was obviously pissed at me for telling him off. For 'stealing' and 'turning' his best friend, and for being gay. He wouldn't go easy if he caught me.

I ran down the empty halls, hearing papers that were pinned to the walls flap as I ran right by them. I was breathing hard, and I felt a bit dizzy. I knew it was probably from my lack of eating. I felt faint, so faint that I stumbled and fell on my knees.

I tried to get back up, but it was too late. Matt's hand was on my shirt, pulling me up and pushing me against the wall. He smirked at me, a predatory look in his eyes as he let out a cold laugh.

"You actually thought you could run away from me." He shook his head and tsked at me. "Oh, when will you learn, Liam? You won't get away from me. I'm always going to be around to make your life a living hell, and now that you're little guardian is gone, you're free bait." He snarled, and then a fist came right towards me left cheek, making impact and stinging.

"Forgot how good it feels to beat the hell out of you." Matt said in a cocky tone, but I wasn't that same kid he could just push around. That kid would sit here and take the beating, but this time I was going to fight back.

I waited until he lifted my shoulder up again, putting me against the wall. He laughed at my pain, and I took that opportunity to throw a punch of my own, hitting him right in the jaw.

His head snapped back a bit, and he gripped his jaw in pain as he looked at me, hatred shining in his eyes. "You little shit!" He growled before he was back infront of me, throwing punch after punch. Each one landed, and I could just feel the weight of bruises forming, but I wouldn't just give up.

I tried to punch back, but that didn't work, so I decided to change tactics. I had to get him off of me. I had to get away from the wall, so I waited for an opening and then rammed into him, tackling him to the floor.

He gasped for air as soon as he landed, and I managed to get some good punches in. Two to the jaw, one to the nose, three in the torso, and a few more scattered around. My advantage didn't last long though because he turned us around and began to hit me harder than I had ever been hit before.