chapter thirteen

sammy's pov

honestly, i can't take it anymore.

every class that i've had so far with kari and johnson has just been filled with them flirting with each other right in front of me. i didn't even know that they were this close.

"are you gonna finish those fries?" johnson asked kari as they sat opposite me on the lunch table - nate and meredith too.

"yeah, i am but—" she almost said until jack reached over and took a bunch off her tray. "i said i was gonna finish them!".

she tried to get the fries back off his plate, but he dodged her every time.

"and you also said but, which means that you were debating it" johnson laughed and started tickling her to make her stop taking them back.

"they do realise that we're also at the table, right?" meredith whispered to me and i shrugged my shoulders.

kari calmed down from giggling and slapped his arm, "you're honestly such an idiot".

"come on, you know you love me" he said, putting his arm around her for a quick hug.

"wow, this isn't awkward at all" nate announced with his mouth full.

"tell me about it" i agreed under my breathe, although kari looked straight at me, so i obviously didn't say it subtly enough.

i've been commenting shit under my breathe all day, and with the way she stared at me, i could tell that she was tired of it.

kari suddenly moved her chair closer to jack then quietly said, "hey, remember that thing that you texted me last night?".

she laughed as she spoke and my head shot up at the question, since i wanted to know exactly what this thing was.

"the first thing or the second thing?" johnson asked and i furrowed my eyebrows at their little code talk.

"the first thing".

he immediately started chuckling at her answer, "that was hilarious, but so was the third thing".

i threw my head back in frustration.

"hey, you've got a little something on your mouth" kari pointed out to jack and he struggled to wipe it away. "here, let me".

she smiled and used a napkin to wipe the mess off his face. i watched them stare at each other for much longer than it should of taken to remove a little ketchup.

it pissed off me like hell, so i shook my head at them and pushed my chair back.

"i need more food" i told everyone before instantly leaving the table.

this isn't because i'm jealous, okay. i'm not jealous, i don't get jealous. kari and i never had any type of relationship, just a little hook up on a friday night.

i mean, we made it pretty clear that we're both on the same page, which is where we started when we first met, and i am.

but i just wish i knew sooner that johnson was interested in her, because now i just feel like i've seen more of who she is when she's with him, and realised that i've just lost so much.

-

this chapter was short af. i'm sorry, but the next one will be really long and by the way, the next three chapters will all consist of drama between the squad js.