Updating

Someone requested that I do something about updating your stories here on Wattpad. I don't have much to say, so this will be short.

There is no trick to updating regularly. It all depends on the person.

Sometimes, I'll update one story every day because I really enjoy writing it and it's a simple story to write. My other story might be more complicated where I have to put much more thought into what I write, so I might only update once a week. Then I might not update my third story for a whole month because I would have writer's block and have no inspiration.

And that's okay.

I am a reader on Wattpad and I know it sucks when my favorite books haven't been updated for months, but I don't stress over it because as a writer, I know how it feels.

Remember when I said to write only to please one person? Although having readers and followers is very comforting, you must always write for yourself and not for them. Think about it, it's your story and you're allowing them to see it as you work on it.

But if you're the kind of person who wants to have a regular update schedule then here's what I would suggest.

Write a few chapters of your story and update them, one by one, on the same day every week. This ensures that you're always on time with an update. The chapters will already be written and all you have to do is click the publish button.

Personally, I don't do that only because once I've written a chapter I'm always eager to post it instead of waiting.

Instead, I carry a notebook with me wherever I go. Whenever I have free time, I write, and by the end of the week, I should have enough material for a single chapter. I've found this to be very effective for me since I have school during the weekdays and can only update on the weekends.

The down side to this is that it usually only works for one story. If you spend the whole week writing a chapter to Story A, then that means Story B will have to go a whole week without an update.

So really, you just have to find what works best with your schedule.