Chapter 2 - Imran

Chapter 2

A/N: Sorry if there are any mistakes. I didn't proofread this, so I'll go back and edit it later. If you see and want to point it out, I wouldn't mind. It would actually make it easier for me. Also, give any critique. I love critiques because they always help me improve. Anyways, enjoy and don't forget to tell me what you guys think!

Beautiful.

Imran stared down at Amina's face, whose head was on his lap, and all he could think was how lucky he was to end up with such a beautiful wife like her.

Her big light brown eyes were focused on the book she was reading, quietly mouthing the words, with one of her hand rubbing her stomach. Imran was playing with her hair that was in a ponytail, flicking it on her face once in a while trying to get her attention and she simply swatted it away with her hands.

When that didn't work, he started blowing air on her forehead and Amina rubbed her forehead. After a couple more times she finally groaned.

"Stop it, Imran," she said, without taking her eyes off the book, "I'm almost at the end of the book."

Imran held back his laugh and looked at her belly that looked like it was about to pop at any second.

"You see this, Ahmar," he questions, frowning jokingly, "your mama is completely ignoring your papa. Her book is more important. But that's okay, I still have you to talk to."

Imran heard a chuckle and looked at Amina, who was now looking at him with amused eyes and her book was sitting closed beside her.

"Okay, I put the book away. You can stop complaining now."

Imran rolled his eyes as a smile stretched on his face and his eyes shifted back to her stomach. "Your mama is only saying that; she put the book away because she finished, not for me," he said in response, his eyes glancing the book and saw the peaking bookmark placed back to the beginning of the book. It was something Amina did after she finished a book.

Amina slapped the back of Imran's hand lightly and laughed. "Stop that," she said, "I've been trying to finish that forever, so stop complaining."

"Whatever," he mumbled, childishly.

"Oh come on," Amina grinned, pinching his cheek with both her hands, "you know I love you, babu," she said it like she was talking to a baby.

"I love you too," Imran replied, with a soft smile.

"You know you're gonna be a great dad," Amina randomly says sincerely.

"And you're gonna be a great mom," Imran counter, but soon after he says that her face falls a little before she gives him a sad smile. His own smile falls when Imran realize what's she thinking about. "Amina, stop thinking about that. Everything is going to fine."

Amina took his right hand and starts playing with the gold ring band on his finger, her eyes trained on his fingers. An inaudible sigh leaves her mouth.

"You know what the doctor said. There are a lot of complications, and there's a high chance that something will happen to me or..." one of her hands went to her stomach, "or to our baby," she whispers the last word.

"Nothing is going happen, Amina. Ahmar is going to fine and so are you." Her eyes were becoming teary.

"But, promise me one thing. If anything happens to me, you'll move on."

"Amina," Imran began, his words becoming serious as he felt like a heavy weight on him.

"No, Imran. Promise me," she was almost begging him, with both of Imran's hands between her hands. "Promise me that you'll move on and you will find a good mom for Ahmar."