"No talking"

Enjoy!
Vote/Comment/Follow
!
~
"I want you all to go straight to bed, no talking," said Molly as we ventured up the stairs. "We've got a busy day tomorrow.I expect Ginny's asleep," she looked up at me and Hermione, "so try not to wake her up." We nodded and continued to the next landing.

"Asleep, yeah, right," Fred whispered as Molly turned her back. Hermione and I both noticed the cracked door and soft darkness behind it. Positive that Ginny could not have been asleep yet, we braced ourselves to be bombarded with questions as soon as we walked through the door. Ahead of me, Hermione pushed open the door. She slowly stepped inside, trying not to stress the ancient floorboard which normally groaned with every other step. I followed her into the bedroom and squinted in the darkness. The door was pushed closed as slowly as possible and as soon as the latch popped into place the rapid squeak of bed springs filled the room.

"What did they say? What wasn't I aloud to hear?" She spoke frantically. I put my finger up to my lips, hoping her eyes were adjusted enough to the darkness to see. Hermione turned on a small lamp in the far corner of the room, it was dim and flickered ever so slightly. We threw on pyjamas and turned the lamp back off before crawling into our beds and whispering to each other.

"So?" Ginny begged.

I inhaled and opened my mouth to explain but before any words could be formed, a loud crack echoed through the room and extra weight was suddenly pushed down onto my bed. Once my eyes had adjusted to the blackness that surrounded us, I could see the extra weight was a familiar redhead, George, grinning down at me.

"C'mon, you're a part of this too." He said.

"What?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He held out his arm for me, and I took it. Another crack sounded as we apparated away from my bed. It nauseated me, the apparation, but I'm getting used to it. Fred and George want to teach me how to apparate but Arthur gave them trouble because we would get fined if they did, since I was underaged.
My bare feet hit a cold floor, what felt like wood. It was just as dark in this room as the last. A bed creaked and I couldn't feel George beside me any longer, so I assumed there was a bed behind me and leaned back. The bed dipped slightly under my weight.

"Hey kiddo!" Fred rested his arm atop my head. I grunted and brushed his arm away.

"Hey! What's she doing in here?" Ron whispered, I was able to make out the fact that he was squinting to see me.

"You heard them! She is as much a part of this as Harry, now!" Fred leaped from beside me onto Ron's bed and attacked him with a pillow.

"Hey! Quiet down! We don't want mum busting us!" George hissed.

"What d'you reckon?" Ron said.

"Well, they didn't tell us much we couldn't have guessed, did they?" Harry replied quietly. "I mean, all they've really said is that the Order's trying to stop people joining Vol-" Ron inhaled sharply at the mention of his name. I suppressed any reaction myself. I had to get used to the name, I had to learn not to fear it anymore.

"-demort," said Harry firmly. "When are you going to start using his name? Sirius and Lupin do." Ron ignored Harry's question.

"Yeah, you're right," He stated. "We already knew nearly everything they told us, from using the Extendable Ears. The only new bit was what Sirius told you."

"The weapon?" I added, making sure we were all on the same page. Fred nodded and spoke.

"We didn't hear about that on the old Extendables, did we?"

"What d'you reckon it is?" Harry questioned.

"Could be anything," said Fred.

"But there can't be anything worse than the Avada Kedavra curse,can there?" Ron fretted. At the sound of those two words I could vividly remember the blinding green light and excruciating pain, but once again, nothing after that.
"What's worse than death?"

Watching people die, I thought.

"Maybe it's something that can kill loads of people at once," suggestedGeorge.

"Maybe it's some particularly painful way of killing people," Ron went on.

"He's got the Cruciatus Curse for causing pain," said Harry. "Hedoesn't need anything more efficient than that." The memories of pain filled my mind once again and I shuddered.

"So how d'you think's got it now? George spoke.

"I hope it's our side," Ron sounded anxious.

"If it is, Dumbledore's probably keeping it," said Fred.

"Where?" Ron chummed. "Hogwarts?"

"Bet it is!" said George. "That's where he his the Sorcerer's Stone!"

"A weapon's going to be a lot bigger than the Stone, though!" said Ron.

"Not necessarily," I corrected him.

"Yeah, size is no guarantee of power. Look at Emma!" George snickered.

"What do you mean?" said Harry.

"You've never been on the receiving end of one of her Bat-Bogey Hexes, have you?" I could see Harry shake his head 'no' through the darkness.
"Remind me, I'll show you one day." I grinned at him, unsure if he could see it but positive he could hear it anyways.

"Shhh!" Fred hushed us. "Listen!" We all shut out mouths and listened intently, we could hear the creak and groans of the floorboards. Molly must have been coming up the stairs.

"Mum?" George whispered.

"Goodnight, you two." I said just before taking Fred's arm and apparating back to my room with them.
My feet hit the cold floor again and they popped away once more.

"Em?" Hermione said quietly.

"Shhh! Molly is coming." I hushed her and quietly but quickly got into bed. The three of us laid down and closed our eyes just before Molly opened the door to peer in. A few lingering moments later, she backed out and shut the door again.
Assuming Hermione filled Ginny in as much as she could, I took the opportunity to get some rest. Hopefully I wouldn't have another nightmare tonight.

~
Short and very dumb chapter, I know.

I'm so sorry this got posted so late!! I spent a lot of the week without Internet on my computer so I couldn't type!

I'll try to squeeze in another small chapter this Sunday. I'm so sorry if I can't!!

I'm starting school again on Monday:( 4 days left of freedom:(

Idk how school will affect my posting schedule.

I'm hopping that because this is the south, the schools will be easier and i have less trouble with the work

Pray for me,

I'm not even religious,

But I need your gods' help:(((

Hope you enjoyed!!

Vote/comment/follow

-Leah