Bonds

Even in the decrepit and seemingly abandoned building Hisoka calls home, he does have a working phone. I call home and one of the butlers picks up.
I quickly tell him what happened and where I am and they immediately send someone out to get me.
When I hang up the phone, I turn to see Hisoka gazing out of a dirty window with his hands in his pockets.
There isn't much of a view. A grungy alleyway littered with trash was about as much nature as he got to see. It must be been lonely living by himself. I don't know how long he's lived without his parents but I don't think he has anyone else.

A while passes and one of the family cars pulls up into the alley. Hisoka helps me up to my feet and out to the car, shouldering the majority of my weight.
I open the door and am about to get in when Hisoka grabs onto my arm. Before I can turn to look, he's already walking away.
"Hisoka." I call after him.
The magenta haired boy stops and turns around.
"Why don't you come with me? Even just for dinner?" I offer, giving him a sincere smile.
He returns the smile and looks down to his feet. "Thanks, but I'll pass," he says, turning back around to head inside.
"Then I'll come back and visit when I'm healed!" I yell after him.
Hisoka turns back to me, eyebrows raised. "Really?"
"Of course!"
Hisoka laughs happily and a huge smile spreads across his face. "We can play Old Maid again."
I nod once and smile.

When the car begins to pull out of the alleyway, I turn around in my seat. I see Hisoka gazing out of his window again, the huge smile having never left his face.

I give him another wave goodbye before turning back around.
I will definitely come back and visit. He had no reason to help me. I still don't really understand why he did. We aren't family, and Father told me that I didn't need to help or be kind to anyone that wasn't family, but Hisoka helped me anyways.

I don't care what my Father says anymore.
I made my first friend.