Part 16

OK I HAVE BIG NEWS!! IM GOING TO START A NEW BOOK ONCE STRONG IS FINISHED. WHICH IT ALMOST IS THERE ARE 2 CHAPTERS LEFT! Anyway Part 16 of strong.....
        "And in the lords name Amen" Preacher John finished the prayer at dads funeral. It's been 3 weeks his body was finally home. I stared at the white casket and just stared. He won't get to see me graduate. Walk me down the isle. Meet my kids his grand baby's. Daniels son. Who is due soon. Dads military buddies placed a pin on the casket. I finally got up and just placed my hand on it and thought to myself
Daddy, I love you. I'm proud you died this way. This is what you would have wanted. Thank you for being my daddy I won't have had it any other way. I promise I promise... I said the next part out loud.
       "I promise to be strong" I whispered. Daniel put his hand on my shoulder. He was always my favorite brother don't ask. I don't know why.
        "Danny... Why is he gone?" I asked shaking my head. I felt a few tears prick my eyes
        "I don't know kiddo. God works in mysterious ways" He turned me and we walks away from the caskets. 7 soldiers walked to the side and put in 3 rounds.
The 21 gun solute.
BANG BANG BANG.
    The guns went. 21 shots.
-----------&-----------
"Now everyone I need you to pull out your hero essays..."  My English announced. She went through our names alphabetical. Soon
     "Rianne McCoy" I rise and grabbed my things
"As you know my father recently passed away. However my essay, though my father was a hero is not on him. It's on my mother. She is a true hero. A military wife has a lot of things to do. Though they make mistakes in there heart they truly do mean no harm. My mother had a lot on her plate. First it was raising 4 boys. Aiden, Daniel ad two hell raising twins. James and Quinton. Then me. Also My father was a Sargent and commanding officer. Meaning she also had to look top shape when she went anywhere. No early morning runs to Walmart in her PJs. My mom had to put up with a lot and I love her no matter what." I simply placed my paper on my teachers test on my Teachers desk and left.
I don't know how long I was walking until I stumbled into a old store. Maggie's. Lord behold Josh was standing at the register buying salt water taffys. Figures he's a sucker for them. He grabbed his money and turned around. Saw me smiled grabbed me and walked out. He walked me into his truck. We sat in silence for about an hour eating taffy.
"Ok spill. Your never this quiet."
"Why does pain always bring out the worst yet the best... I am trying to stay strong but I feel like my fire inside me has burnt out." He nodded and then started the truck and drove
"Where are we going?" He didn't answer. Until we pulled up to the cemetery. The veterans cemetery....
"Go talk to him. I know you don't go see him cause Aiden and your mom are out here every day" I got out and waved and walked down to the 15th row and 4 grave
              Jeffrey Ryan McCoy
                        One of the good ones
                June 30 1963 - April 14 2015

        Hey dad. Um I'm sorry for not coming out. I'm trying so hard to stay strong. I really am. Umm mom is depressed but she's out here everyday I'm sure. I love you. I don't know why but it feels like the fire in me has burnt out."
And that's where I cried... I haven't cried since re funeral. But on my knees crying and praying. I felt something some one. Watching me and hugging me. I have no doubt it was daddy....