21 - Help Louis with Charlotte

"Crap," you grumble. Charlotte isn't a very good person - even when she isn't losing her mind, but Louis is alright in your standards. You'd hate to see him devoured because she wouldn't move. You jump back down. "Help me," you tell him.

With little difficulty, the two of you tip the tall file cabinet in front of the door. The cracking door can now find strength to hold on a bit longer. Charlotte needs to find her strength. She's still cowering, sobbing. You go to her, grab her wrists so she will look at you.

"Hey!" you say, shaking her a bit. "Stop shitting around, or you're going to die. We are going to die. You wanna kill your brother? Huh?"

"You hear that?" she mumbles. "We're going to die. It doesn't matter what we do. They're real. They're real!"

Clearly, Charlotte isn't going to listen to reason. You jerk her up off the floor, ignoring Louis' protests.

"We don't have time," you tell him. "We'll shove her in there, then we'll follow her. They can't climb can they?"

He shakes his head. "Not that I've seen."

"Good, maybe they'll lose us then, give her time to get it together."

It takes some work to get her on the desk, but by the time you do, the file cabinet is rattling like mad. Every movement from behind the door is weighing. It's only a matter of time before-

They burst through with vicious snarls, blood flying from their sharp teeth. Their hideous faces are the last thing you see.

 Their hideous faces are the last thing you see