Chapter 18:

[Gretchen's POV]

A few days later.

I am shocked.

Someone I loved and trusted, tried to kill me. These last three days have been a living hell. He laid a few feet away from me in a joining hospital room. And he would not shut up!

I'm so sorry.
Please forgive me.
I love you.
Don't hate me.

WHAT THE HELL. My mind was racing with all the ways I could strangle and stab him. But a small, very small, piece of my heart kept telling me to ignore him because I love him.

To hell with love. If loving someone gives you the right to murder them, then I don't want to love anyone again. And if anyone loves me first, oh hell no.

I was in bad condition. Who knows when I would get out of this bed. All that little asshole got was a branch through the leg. I could have bled to death. And you can't fix death, like you can fix a leg.

I had not said one word to Zayn. Also referred to as the asshole. I refused to acknowledge him. How can you blame me? But again, that little part of me wanted me to ask how he is.
I cried a little every time Zayn spoke up.

I don't know how he can live with himself. But how can I live with myself knowing I loved a gang member. I loved someone who chose an occupation over a person they loved. I loved someone who could turn on you. Literally turn cars over on you. No pun intended.

I try to cry quietly so it's one less goddamn thing for him to apologize about. He has had his suspicions though. One time Zayn started crying after repeatedly telling me he loved me. It made me upset and I kept sniffing, so Zayn assumed I was crying. Which made him cry more!

You know when a guy puts down his walls and sheds a tear for you, it's real. Unless he is an actor, then to hell with it.

"Gretchen." He pleaded for the millionth time.

I couldn't take it anymore, "What!?"

"Thank God you can hear me." I heard him let out a sigh of relief.

"Of course I can dumbass."

"I thought you may have lost your hearing or something! Don't start an argument with me right now."

"Don't start an argument? Are you serious right now?" I scoffed and squeezed my fists. He can not be serious.

"I'm just as upset with myself as you are. Stop making me feel any worse."

"If you were an actual human being you wouldn't have done it in the first place and you would just let me have my space." I groaned as    I realized I had pulled a stitch from talking so much.

I pressed a button signaling for assistance and it make a small sound. "What are you doing?" Zayn questioned with an edge to his voice.

"I pulled a stitch. Leave me alone." I held my jaw in pain. A nurse rushed in a few minutes later and cleaned me up. She replaced the suture and was in and out in ten minutes. She also brought me a water to my request.

This is going to be a long and painful visit.

__________________________________________________________________________

(A/N) TERRIBLY SHORT CHAPTER I KNOW

SORRY GUYS BUT IM IN THE IB PROGRAM SO I HAVE SO MUCH HOMEWORK.

I'm only updating with this disgrace of a chapter because of the amount of votes! I'm so excited and grateful for all the votes and reads I have been receiving for The Gang lately. It's absolutely incredible!

I'll update with a loooong chapter very soon but I wanted to put this out for you guys.

I can't believe 7k of you wonderful human beings have added this horrid fanfic to your libraries and reading lists.

Thanks & until the next update :))))