Chapter 33.

[Zayn's POV]

Gretchen where are you.

I installed a tracking device in her phone at the beginning of our romantic relationship. I wanted to know that I could always find her if she was ever in danger.

And that's what I'm planning on doing.

"How much longer?" Harry asked, he was driving. "Are we still going in the right direction?"

"Yes, she hasn't moved once, this leads me to believe she left it somewhere."

"What's the plan when we do get there sometime next year?" Louis called from the backseat.

"All I know is I want to find my damn girlfriend the rest we'll figure out along the way."

"You sure lad?" Niall questioned me. I turned around and raised an eyebrow at him. He added, "I mean, is that our best chance at saving Gretchen. Would it be beneficial to create a plan a, b, c?" Niall motioned with his hands.

"It'd probably be in our best interest." I pondered over the idea. "All right, so Zack is kind of a nerd. He's probably got some secret laboratory for science experiments." I chuckled trying to lighten the mood.

"If he's not threatening why are you worried? What if she's fine?" Harry asked.

"I can feel it in my gut. It's like I can sense that something is wrong." I smashed my hand against the center console, "I wish I didn't feel so damn powerless!"

"We'll find her Zayn." Harry told me sincerely. "But don't break my car in the meantime."

---

We finally pulled onto a dirt road, a mile within the location of her phone. My heart sunk to me stomach and I felt like throwing up. She could be dead. And what did I do to stop her? Nothing! I laid there like a fool.

Harry significantly decreased the speed of the car to draw less attention. The boys in the back were going over the hypotheticals we came up with.

My phone alerted me that we were there. I looked up from my phone and was met by a ginormous mansion and a car parked out front. Not just any car, Gretchen's!

Before Harry could put the car in park I opened my door and jumped out, stumbling until I regained my footing. I peered through the window of the car to see her phone lying facedown.

The boys piled out of the car one after the other, Harry hid the car behind a large tree. "She's inside."

"We aren't going to knock on the door are we?" Liam asked while cracking his knuckles.

"No my friend, no we are not."

We all huddled next to Gretchen's car and the five of us we're so deeply involved in the discussion that none of us noticed them.

"Hello, Luke."

---

[Gretchen's POV]

I woke up in the same bedroom as before. This time Asher was no where to be seen. I was still wearing the clothes from earlier.

I laid there for the longest time, pondering once again on my situation. Deciding to give my brain a rest, I left the room. I followed my previous footsteps where I fell asleep on Asher's chest. Such a calm moment.

I moved on from this area and was greeted by a large staircase. I glided down quickly. My bare feet on the marble stairs were not the best combination.