Part 45

Emily Prentiss' POV

I'm on my couch, watching the television. Aaron left an hour ago. He was called by his brother, he said that he'll be back soon.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I'm surprised to hear someone knocking at my door because I wasn't expecting anyone.

I get up, and I lead to the door. I open it. I see JJ, she cried a lot.

"Can I sleep here tonight?"

"Uh... Yeah. What's going on?"

I make her sign to sit on the couch, I sit at her right.

"Is it Spencer?"

She doesn't answer.

"What's wrong Jennifer?"

I don't call her Jennifer often, but when I call her like that, it's because I really want that she answers. She turns her head away. I sigh, and I take her face in my hands. Her eyes are closed, and tears are running down her face.

"JJ, look at me. I swear to God that if you don't look at me, I'll hide all Cheetos and all soda crackers that are in this house."

She opens her eyes. I pass my hand over her cheeks to wipe her tears.

"JJ, what happened? Tell me. Tell me everything."

"Hotch isn't there?"

"Don't try to change the subject. And no, he's not there, he left an hour ago."

She restarts to cry.

"I wanna know why you're there, Jennifer. I want you to tell me everything. Jennifer, what happened?"

"Will you stay here, despite what I'll say?"

"Yes."

"Promise me."

"I promise."

"I told you that last year I've lost my baby, right?"

"Yes."

"I'm not ready to become a mother. I'll be bad. I won't be able to raise that child. I can't have that baby."

I look in her eyes, and I put my hand on her little belly.

"You'll be a great mother. You need time, that's okay. But that baby will be born, and you and Spencer will raise him or her. It'll be alright, don't worry."

She approaches me, and she snuggles up to me. I hug her, and I try to console her. I know that it's a hard time for her.

"You had an argument with Spencer while talking about that."

"Yeah... He wants to be a father, but I'm not ready..."

I feel her tears running down her cheeks, and falling over my shirt.

Suddenly, I feel something strange in my stomach. It's like if someone was stabbing me. I don't pay attention to that. But it starts again, and this time, I run toward the bathroom, and I vomit. JJ joins me.

"Em', are you okay?!"

"Yeah... Fine."

"No, you're not."

She takes her phone, and she dials a number.

"Hi Hotch, it's JJ. I'm with Emily, and she's not feeling very well. She just vomited. [...] Okay. I'm waiting for you."

"Why did you call him? I said it was fine," I say before vomiting again.

"He'll be there in less than five minutes, he said."

At the same moment, Hotch enters the bathroom.

"Sweetheart?! Are you okay?!"

"Fine."

He looks at JJ and then at me.

"We need to go to the hospital," he says.

"I'm fine!" I keep repeating.