Farewell

"Are you sure you haven't forgotten anything?" Renée asked, my adoptive mother.

Chuckling lowly I nodded my head in reassurance while handing over my last piece of luggage to Phil. I knew Renée  was worried about her only two children moving so far away from her sight. Countless questions had been fired our way since we had decided to move to Forks a few weeks ago. It was slightly frustrating at first having someone hovering over you asking if you were positive you wanted to move or if you had everything. But I could now see it was just as scary for Renée seeing us move as it was for Bella and I to actually be moving.  

There was no doubt in my mind I would miss Renée and Phil. Even though Charlie was legally my father, Phil had always felt like more of a father due to my adoptive parents divorcing only a few months are adopting me from Forks Hospital and having Bella brought into their lives. Renée was the only mother I had ever known, I still couldn't bring myself to call her my mother, nor Phil or Charlie my father. It wasn't that I was ungrateful for them taking me in, I just never felt as though I was comfortable enough or fitted in to call them such names after knowing I was adopted.

Once Renée  remarried to Phil it was easy to see how happy she had become, even becoming more lively. It was a good feeling knowing someone was going to be there for her after Bella and I progressed in life. It was a joint decision between Bella and I one night after finding out Phil would be moving around so much with his Baseball games. We knew it wouldn't be fair on Renée or Phil having to drag around two teenagers who needed to attend high school if we had any hopes of finishing on time.

Glancing over to Bella and Renée I knew this would most probably be the only time Phil and Renée  would be able to spend alone time together. Bella had made it clear the night of our discussion she hated the thought of moving around so frequently with Phil's job; it was a mutual feeling. Admittedly I would miss the warm sunny weather of Phoenix, but I began to miss the colder and rainier terrain. Bella of course was the complete opposite of me. She loved the warm sunny weather, even though she would much rather spend her time indoors reading a book or watching TV. Out of the two of us I was more likely to be found outside practising for an upcoming sports game, or taking pictures of my surroundings.   

"Guys, come one. I love y'all, but we got a plane to catch" Phil called out from beside me catching the attention of Bella and Renée.

Taking my seat next to Bella in the back, excitement coursed through me as I thought of what Forks had to offer for Bella and I. Although, there was still a small part of me that was nervous for seeing Charlie again. It had been years since we had travelled to Forks for our holidays and spent time with him. It was nobody's fault that we hadn't gone in a few years. Charlie had been given a greater work load around the summer time, and Bella and I either had school projects or I had sports commitments to keep up with each year. I did miss Forks, along with the people residing there, but I couldn't say I felt guilty for not visiting as much as sports had become a big part of my life. I could never understand why Bella didn't go to visit Charlie on her own. Maybe it was the fact they've always had an awkward relationship, or that she wouldn't have company while Charlie was gone.

Catching the frown on Bella's face I grasped her hand in mine. It was clear to see that Bella was not pleased with moving to Forks half way through a school year. Phoenix was our home, it's where we'd grown up. Our entire life's where practically held in this city and we were now leaving it to start a new chapter of our lives. It was easy to say I felt as though I was leaving behind so many memories, even though I would never forget them, I would not be in the same city as they were once created. Precious memories, such as my first baseball game when I was seven, or when I broke my arm for the first time after trying to teach Bella how to play Baseball.

"We're here" Phil announced. Halting the car he stepped out and moved round to the trunk to unload our suitcases.

Grabbing the rucksack I had thrown on the car floor earlier in the day, I quickly exited the car and moved round to the back with Bella. Seeing Phil had already unloaded our suitcases it slowly dawned on me how little I actually had gathered in my life time of seventeen years. Four suitcases sat alongside the car on the pavement, two being Bella's and two being mine. Renée had sent some boxes of our stuff out earlier in the week prior to our plane ride so we didn't have to wait around for them, but I still remember it not amounting to much.

Renée insisted she stay by our side through all the security checks and wait until our flight number was announced on the intercom."Promise you'll call me as soon as you land, and make sure you-"

"Mom, we are going to be fine" Bella soothed, pulling Renée in for a hug.

"I'm going to miss you two so much" Renée sobbed, tears falling from her eyes.

"Our flight's calling us" I sighed. I was never one to be able to handle other people's emotions. It was a curse really, whenever I saw someone crying it triggered something inside of me causing tears to come to my eyes and a lump to form in my throat. I didn't want to rush Renée, but I also didn't want to cry in the middle of an airport.

Frowning she wiped her eyes free of any tears "I love you girls so much" Placing a kiss on both our cheeks she gave us one last squeeze before waving us off as we walked down the terminal.

Authors Note

Welcome to my story and thank you for taking the time to read it. I plan on making my chapters longer as I have a tendency to write a considerable amount for one chapter. Please don't steal my work as I work hard on each chapter. If you have any question please feel free to ask, don't forget to comment, vote and like :) have a good day!