Forks High School: Home of the Spartans

"Hurry up, Abby" Bella shouted from the other side of the door.

Huffing I pulled on my lucky pair of maroon Dr Martens before taking one last look in the mirror to make sure I at least looked presentable for today. Straightening out my black woollen jumper I rubbed my hands over my white jeans. Walking over to my desk I plucked my onyx ring-which Bella had brought me for my 16th birthday- out of the ceramic dish where I kept my jewellery and slipped it onto my right ring finger. Hearing another impatient knock I quickly pulled on my black leather jacket and grabbed my rucksack, throwing it over my shoulder as I threw the door open to see a disgruntled Bella.

"Took you long enough" She grumbled walking down the stair.

Pulling a face at the back of her head I followed after her. Bella wasn't much of a morning person, especially when I loved pushing her with how close I would cut it to making it on time. I was never late for anything, but I wouldn't rush myself either. I like to take the laid back approach to life, while Bella preferred to worry even about the smallest of things.

Coming down that stairs I picked up the plate closest to me which already had two pieces of toast made for me. Instantly I dug in remembering the last time I had eaten was on the plane, and everyone knows how good plane food is.

"You ready?" Bella asked placing her plate into the sink.

"Mhmm" I hummed shoving the rest of the toast into my mouth. Placing my plate on top of hers to wash later, I mentally ticked off everything I would need for today.

Throwing her rucksack over her shoulder we exited the house, locking it up in the process. Climbing into the passengers seat I watched as Bella eagerly took her place in the drivers seat. Turning the key in the ignition it roared to life. It might not have sounded like the healthiest of trucks or appear to look the safest, but it had character. Pulling out of the driveway we set off towards our new school; Forks High School. It was home to three hundred and fifty seven students, soon to be three hundred and fifty nine. The amount of students in the whole school was close to the amount I had in my junior year back in Phoenix.

Driving past the 'Forks High School Home of The Spartans' sign, Bella pulled into the first empty parking space she could find. Holding on tightly to my rucksack I exited the truck, a comment flying our way almost instantly from the boy across from us. Shooting a glare his way I watched as he quickly looked down, smirking I made my way over to Bella.

"Do you think we'll be lucky enough to get classes together?" I asked dodging around other students. A feeling of doubt lingered in my mind. I was placed in higher level classes than Bella in Phoenix, I wasn't too sure how they would transfer over to Forks.

"I hope so. It'd be nice not to have to do the awkward introduction on my own every time" she answered frowning.

Stopping outside the office I turned to look to Bella. It was clear to me now that Bella had a lot more nerves than I did, she was just better at hiding it. Grabbing her hand I gave it a gentle squeeze, attempting to calm her nerves.

"You'll be fine" I promised "Now, lets do this" dropping her hand I pushed the doors open to the office.

"Hello, how may I help you ladies?" The receptionist asked, a welcoming smile on her face.

"We're Abigail and Isabella Swan" I introduced.

"Of course!" she said, a look of realisation replacing her smile. Riffling through a stack of papers beside her she pulled out two stapled piles, handing them over to Bella and I "These include your schedule, locker combination, a map of the school and a slip of paper which you will need all of your teachers to sign. If you need anything or have any questions just come back here and ask" she explained before turning back to her computer