Chapter 15

Jackson's POV

Two days. It has been two days since we knocked her out and it's driving me absolutely insane. I can't seem to focus on anything without my mind wandering back to her. I can't wrap my head around the fact that she would keep such a big secret. I get the fact that it's dangerous but the least she could do is stand up for herself, at least at school.

I've been sitting in her room next to her almost 24/7 since we found out who she really was. The day after we found out who she was we had the doctor try to remove her braces to see if they were really fake or not. It was my last hope that she wasn't actually the Masked Fighter, but all my hopes were shattered the minute he popped the fake braces out of her mouth.

I'm so confused and frustrated with myself. I told the boys not to tell the boss or the gang until I got a chance to confront her and they instantly agreed. Even though I know I shouldn't like her she's never given me a reason to not, if anything all she's done is help us. Hell, she got shot for us and here we are kidnapping her!

The only thing she's ever done to me is beat me, but it was a fair fight and in the back of my head I know it was. Every time I think about her I think about the time I spent with her in the ring, the way she punched and kicked with determination, she showed no fear. And at the end when she beat me, damn she was hot. Her body was so close to mine but it didn't last very long.

Austin and Caden usually sit in here with me for a while. They both seem to have taken a liking towards her sarcasm and overall personality in the short time we've known her.

The chemical that knocked her out didn't last very long, just a couple of hours. Now we're waiting for her body to wake up on its own. The doctor said she might be out for a few more days because of the injury but I have a feeling she'll wake up sooner than that.

Question after question has been bombarding my brain since the time we got into the van. After we found out who she really was the pieces started to make a little more sense. With the little answers I have though, I still have so many questions that need to be asked. I just hope she'll answer them willingly. I wouldn't torture her into telling me but I would die from suspense if she didn't.

Picking my head up from my hands I look around her room one last time. Getting out of the uncomfortable plastic chair I stand up and stretch, wanting to get something productive done. Austin and Caden left about an hour ago so I was left here with my thoughts.

I quietly make my way out of the room, closing the door quietly. I walk out of the infirmary and down the hallway towards my office. Looking at all the stuff piled on my desk I sigh, making my way over to the plush desk chair. I go through paper after paper, only stopping once to get something to eat.

By the time I finish it's around 9 o'clock at night. Yawning, I stand up and head towards the door. Ever since I went to my office either Caden or Austin will come in and give me a progress report on Alexis. No one from the gang is allowed to go see her with the exception of the doctor, Austin, and Caden.

Just as I was about to open my office door it's slammed open. Standing in the doorway is a panting Austin who looks like he just ran a mile. "Alexis", pant, "is", pant, "awake". I instantly sprint towards the infirmary pushing anyone who got in my way to the side. Austin is right behind me and I eagerly step into the main infirmary door before stopping. Austin slams into my back, causing me to stumble forward a little before regaining my balance and glaring over my shoulder at him.

"Dude what are you doing?" He asks, bouncing from foot to foot like he needs to pee or something. "I don't know what to say to her." I reply, truly not knowing. Even after thinking and rethinking the scenario over in my head multiple times I'm still nervous as to how it might go. "Have you talked to her yet?" I asked, hoping he can tell me her overall mood. He rubs the back of his neck before giving me a sheepish smile. "Actually no. I only saw she was awake through the two-way mirror." He says.