Chapter 27

Alexis' POV

Tonight went better than I had even hoped! I am not only relieved, but exuberant! I finally have an ally whose want for revenge seems equivalent to mine. Plus, he's willing to let me run things the way that I want them run. Although he doesn't know it, the information he can provide will be a large portion of this mission's success. With my newfound inner peace, I continue my walk-like hobble back to my bike.

I was so into my own little world, that I didn't even notice the person in front of me until it was a little too late. *Thump* The person had quite the speed going for just walking, and the rock hard body had me tottering on my own two feet. It didn't help that I was still a little out of it from the fight, so the dizziness that accompanied the almost-topple wasn't welcome. However, an arm swung around my back and pulled me up painfully. My hiss of pain from the bleeding scrapes that littered my back soon followed, and the person quickly pulled their arm back as soon as I was standing.

I swayed for a second before I fully looked up to see who had interrupted my pleasant and jubilant walk. I swear--I'm either still dizzy or luck just isn't on my side, because once again there was Jackson, the ruiner of happy walks and the pain in my ass for the last couple weeks. Looking at him for a second longer with a blank stare, arms crossed, and smile no longer existing, I walk past him and continue on my way like nothing happened.

But apparently, he's not going to let me go that fast because once he finally wraps his giant, elephant-sized ego around the fact that I completely ignored his gesture, he turns around and jogs to catch up with me.

"Hey are you okay?" he asks, "Your back is covered in blood."

"Yep, I'm all good." I say, not bothering to look at him as I reply.

"Well, can you at least tell me what happened?" he replies. "I got something done." I respond, keeping it short and simple for him. I speed up my strides, not liking his annoying game of 21-questions. "So you killed someone." he says, in a matter of fact tone like he was answering what two plus two was.

"No you moron." I say, rolling my eyes at his ignorance. "Hm. Still seems sketchy to me." he says, trying for some odd reason to carry on a casual conversation. "Is it your blood or your victim's blood?" he asks, a teasing smirk on his face. At this point, I am so far beyond done with this conversation that I stop dead in my tracks, causing him to halt as well.

"If I remember right, I told you to stay the hell away from me, and in return I wouldn't kill you, or ruin your life like you're ruining mine." I state, my sass making it's grand entrance and my anger beginning to rise. "Oh my gosh, how many times do I have to apologize before you finally understand that I'm sorry! I'm trying my best here to make it up to you but all I get is a gay guy proclaiming his love for me during lunch!" he yells, his façade coming crashing down in the process.

"Fine! You want to make it up to me? Then do what I asked you to do, don't say anything about me and leave me alone!" I yell back, before closing my eyes to calm myself down. I continue in a softer tone, "Is it really that hard for you to simply leave me alone? I haven't done anything to you besides harmless pranks, but I'll stop if you just leave me alone." I emphasize the leave me alone to get my point across, and stare at him while he drags his hands down his face.

"Fine, but at least let me clean up your back before I leave." he responds, grabbing my hand before I get the chance to reply and practically drags me towards his car. "Jackson, it's fine seriously. They are just scrapes I can take care of myself, trust me, I've done it for a long time."

"Consider this part of my apology," he says, keeping his strong hands gripped around my much smaller wrist. Knowing his determination won't waiver at his chance to redeem himself, I just sigh and continue moving my feet.

He turns his head and sends me a charming smile and wink before turning back around. I make some kind of mumbling sound at his charm, cursing him in silence for getting on my bad side since he's so hot. Plus, I hate it when people take care of me, absolutely detest it.

We arrive at his car and he drops my wrist to dig his keys out of his pocket. I just stand a little awkwardly, waiting for him to get his redemption chance over with. I'm pretty annoyed but mostly tired, so his procrastination at the moment isn't helping his case much.

He finally pulls out the keys and unlocks his nice car before rummaging around in the back seat, pulling out a red medical kit. I take off my hoodie that I decided to put on right before the fight, only to find that it sticks a little to the blood that managed to seep through the thin backing of it, which is probably how Jackson found out about it, otherwise it's too dark outside to see it.

I carefully peel it away, and fully take it off, just to see Jackson looking me up and down repeatedly. "You done?" I ask, smirking a little as his face heats up. He quickly regains his composure and mumbles a "whatever" before making his way towards me.

"Turn around please." he says, shocking me with his usage of please, a word that I fully believed was foreign to him until now. I comply, and as soon as he sees it I hear, "Ooooh that looks pretty painful." I shrug my shoulders, causing my shoulders and back to ache slightly from the movement.

"It's not as bad as it looks." I say, knowing that it's only scrapes from the cement. "Well, I guess we'll find out." he says. I quickly grab my hair and pull it to the side, seeing the ends of my beautifully blonde hair dyed a deep red towards the ends. Once my hair is out of his way, he gently takes a wet cloth and begins dabbing at my back. It stings at first, but the pain slowly dies away as he continues.

It's really quiet outside, the only noises being heard are a roaring car engine every now and then and Jackson's mumbled apologies when he hits a sore spot and I wince. It takes him a good twenty minutes to get all of the leaked blood off from my back and actually be able to put the ointment on it. I bite my lip whenever he applies it, the stinging sensation seemingly much more painful than my other injuries for some reason.

He caps the ointment and pulls out a large wrap. He carefully starts it just below my sports bra and works his way down, my skin tingling whenever he brushes his fingers against my abdomen. I shake the feeling off and decide to focus my attention on the lonely garbage can in the corner of the alley instead of his warm hands.  

He finishes almost too quickly, and I pull myself away from my staring contest with the garbage can to the real person behind me. "Thank you." I say, looking him in the eye and nodding slightly. "Now, was that so hard?" he asks, looking at me right back.

"Was what so hard?" I reply, having no idea what he's talking about. "Saying thank you," he remarks, a small smirk on his face. "Whatever!" I respond, a teeny smile making its way to my face. His smirk is replaced with an actual smile, and after I pick up my sweatshirt from the ground and throw it over my head, we both say goodnight and I start my walk back to my bike.

Once I get there, I quickly put on my helmet and race home, the feelings of my earlier accomplishment rushing back as I gain speed. It has been quite the night, and I can't wait to catch up with Lil and Dylan tomorrow. I know I have been sort of leaving them in the dark, but now that I have an ally, I think I might let them in on this a little bit.

After all, the more allies I have the better, and after tonight, the possibility of winning this war against Ray seems like it could be a reality.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! I am SO SO SO sorry for taking so long to update, but my life has been quite hectic lately! Anyways, I decided to post this shorter chapter to give you guys something to look forward to because the next update will include Jackson's thoughts on parts of Chapter 27 and more! YAY!

Don't forget to comment what you think! Thank you!!!