Chapter 23

Aniyah POV

I groaned a looked at the clock. 3:56.

I swear. I feel like an Isomaniac. I got up and stretched qalking through the empty house. I should have someone move in with me.

I sat on the couch and yawned. My phone rung and I fell of the couch. "STUPID FUCK!" I yelled.

I answered the phone and heard whimpering. "Hello?"

"A-aniyah?"

"Shakira? What's wrong?!"

"The babies are c-comimg, GAH!" she screamed out. "Ok, where's Laza?"

"He's not here, and I t-tried calling him and the phone went straight to voice mail, and Jakiyah didn't answer either."

"Alright, hold on. I'll be right there."

I hung up the phone and slid on my Nike slides. I grabbed my keys and ran into the car fumbling with the keys a bit.

Once I got there I saw the light was on and I tried opening the door, but it was locked. I looked under the mat for a key but I didn't see one.

Fuck!

I went around thw back and tried the back door. I swear if this door dont open. Locked too.

I kicked the back door open and it fell with a thud.

"Kira?! Where you at!" I yelled.

"I-in the bedroom!"

I ran up the steps and saw her sitting on the floor in a pool of liquid. I put her arm over my shoulder and helped her limp down the stairs.

Wd fot into the car and i started driving to the hospital.

I left her in the car and ran in yelling for help. They sent a gurney out and took Shakira inside into the emergency room. "Sorry ma'am you cant come in." A nurse tells me.

"A-alright."

They took her inti the room and I called up everyone else. I called Jakiyah and she said she was sleepi g when Shakira called and Xavier was cryi g when I called.

Everyone got here even Lil doe and her other brothers. Hell, even her father. But one person wasn't here. Laza.

I called him over and over but no answer. The nurse came out drippi g in water. "Ms. Ford is ready to give birth but refuses to di so until her babies' father is here and she'll continue to splash us with water."

"He's not answering the phone. Please tell her." I say. She nods and leaves coming back a few minutes later requesting her sister. Jakiyah gave xavier to Romeo and she went back.

3 hours later, the nurse came back and said we can see her.

We walked into the room and Shakira was asleep and beside her bed was an incubator with two baby boys. Everyone awed and Derrick grabbed mt waist kissing me on the temple.

I took out mt phone and made sure that the flash was off. Right before I too the picture one of the babies moved their head up and kissed the other's forehead.

I snapped thw picture.

I'm the only one with Shakira and Jakiyah's babies first pictures.

Everyone had to leave so I stood the night, waiting for Shakira to wake up. I held the smaller one to my chest and rocked him gently.

Later around 8, Shakira woke up with a start and whimpered. "Kira what's wrong?" I asked and put the baby back into the incubator.

"He missed it, he wasn't there, he doesn't care." She cried.

"I bet he does care. Everyone was waiting for you to wake up. Derrick even threw a tantrum cause you wouldn't wake up to tell us their names.

"Oh, the bigger one's name is king, and the smaller one is Prince. My identicle baby boys." She smiled with tears falling from her eyes.

The door opened and Laza walked in.

"Tuh, good luck. Nigga." I brushed past him and walked out of the room.

Shakira POV

"Baby I'm so-"

"Save it. I don't care." I mumbled and looked away. He walked to the incubator with a sad look and he smiled at the boys.

"Which one is prince and which is king?"

"I'm surprised you remembered what we planned to name them since for the past couple of weeks you've been on that goddamn phone."

"Shakira, you dont under-"

"The smaller one is prince. King has a mole in the middle of his palm.' I whisper.

"Just like daddy huh?" Laza whispers as he puts prince down and lifts up King.

"Laza, where were you?" I ask. He sighs and puts King down causing him to bable.

"I can't tell you."

"Why Laza?"

"I just cant. I know your hormones are fucked up right now, so you gone be really mad when I tell you."

"Laza, you just missed the birth of your first children. Where the fuck were you?!" I yell.

Prince and King start whining and Laza picks up King. "Give me my baby." I say and he hands him over to me.

He picks up Prince and rocks him around. His phone rings and he holds prince in one of his arms and answers the phone.

"..."

"Jessie, it's really not a good time-"

"..."

A smirk p, ays on his face as I watch him intently.

His eyes flick to Prince and back to the blank wall. "Alright, see you in a minute." He says with a smirk. He hangs up the phone and I mumble.

"Get out." I growl.

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" I scream and the babies start crying. 'Shakira-"

"Don't call me, dont look fir me, and put my son down before you get lit like a damn Christmas tree." I say with heavy tears. Aniyah slowly walks in her small but thick figure peeking through the door.

Laza hands Prince to her and leaves the room.