1. Scrabble with Consequences

Hermione was standing in the corridor leading to the dungeons and the Slytherins' common room. She was trying to blend into the background, which she was quite successful at as she was still wearing her robes and had these tightly wrapped around her shivering body.

"I'll kill her! I kill her first chance I get!"

She still couldn't think why she had let herself being talked into this utter madness. It had been on the evening of the last Hogsmeade visit and she and Ginny had been talking about boys. Nothing unusual there, but Hermione had had the impression that something else than butterbeer had been in their glasses. She had been giggling most of the way and when they had reached the Gryffindor common room it was Ginny who had challenge Hermione to a dare. The older girl had refused, but Ginny hadn't let it go. With a big sigh Hermione had finally relented and agreed, but on the condition that if it was too childish, she could just refuse.

"Is kissing a guy grown up enough? I mean really kiss him, not just a quick peck or something." She had asked with a mischievous grin on her face and had received wide eyed astonishment for it.

"You want to dare me to kiss a guy?"

"Why not? Kissing is quite grown up, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is."

"Kissing a guy it is then!"

After what had followed Hermione had had the suspicion that Ginny hadn't done that at the spur of a moment. She seemed to have it all planned out.

"We are going to draw colours for the House and letters for the names."

She had gathered up four cushions and changed there colours to reflect the different houses: red for Gryffindor, green for Slytherin, yellow for Hufflepuff and blue for Ravenclaw.

"You first."

Ginny had closed her eyes and chosen the blue one. Hermione had groaned, closed her eyes and then tried to recollect which order the cushions had been in. Even so she knew that that was futile as she heard Ginny move them around. She reached for one, hesitated and then chose the one next to it. She heard Ginny gasp and then giggle. Hermione held the green one in her hand!

"I'll get the letters." whispered Hermione, still shocked by her choice. She was going to have to kiss a snake! She got the bag containing the letters from her Scrabble and gave it a good shake.

"I'll go first!" she said boldly. While closing her eyes again, she slowly put her hand in the back, felt the different cool stones and then just picked one. She looked at it and nearly groaned; she had chosen a D. Ginny managed to get the letter T. They sat on the couch in front of the fire place and thought about the guys that matched their chosen colour and letter combinations.

"There is a Ravenclaw called Terry Boot. He started Hogwarts with Ron, Harry and me." Hermione said. She vaguely remembered the name, but couldn't have said which face at the Ravenclaw table in the Great Hall was his.

"I can't remember what he looks like though." she had added.

"That's not a problem; I'll just ask one of the girls in my transfiguration class." Ginny had answered. "And now your target..."

Hermione didn't dare breath. When she had seen the D a name had popped into her head that she could only pray Ginny would not choose. No such luck. After a moments thinking an evil grin spread over her face.

"Draco Malfoy!"

Hermione stared openly at Ginny.

"You are kidding! There is no way that I'm going to snog Draco bloody Malfoy! Forget it."

Ginny just grinned.

"Chicken!"

She got a glare that would have melted stone. She knew that Malfoy had been a total prick towards her friend ever since they started school together, but Ginny was sure, that if Hermione really kissed the Slytherin she would have something on him and could possibly get him to finally back off.

"Think of the possibilities."

"What possibilities, Ginny? He is going to kill me, if I do that!"

"Do it, when nobody is about! And when you are done just let him know you'll tell everybody he came onto you, if he doesn't leave you alone..."

Hermione glared at her friend. She couldn't be serious! She was to blackmail Draco Malfoy? She began to think about it. Ginny was right though. If she really snogged him and nobody could vouch for his version of events, that she had been the one making the first move, his image would get considerable cracks, if she let slip about it. An evil grin spread over her face.

"See, I knew, you would see sense."

                              --- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ----

She didn't know, how long she had been waiting, but when she finally heard soft footsteps she shifted uneasily. Was she really going to do it?

'Get a grip, Hermione! If this is finally getting him off your back, it's worth it!'

She sighed. Somebody passed her. She stepped gingerly from her hiding place, dropping her bag on purpose while doing so. The person in front of her whirled about. It was Draco Malfoy.

She took a deep breath and advanced towards him.

"Granger, you filthy mudblood, how dare you lurk in our corridor." he growled.

She was only a couple of feet away and he could see the glittering of determination in her eyes. Surprised he made a step back. Next thing he knew, she had got hold of his robes and pushed him hard against the wall. The air was pressed out off his lungs.

"What...!"

She glared at him.

"If you evil little snake don't leave me alone, I'll tell people!"

He looked at her, and smirked.

"What are you gonna tell people, mudblood?"

"About this..."

She grabbed his face between her hands, pulled him towards her and found his mouth with her own before he could do anything.

She felt him becoming rigid at first, but then he suddenly wrapped his arms around her pulled her into his body and begun to reciprocate her efforts. His lips were soft and warm and seemed to be roaming hers in heated passion.

"Draco?"

Somebody was calling. She used the moment to extract herself from him, gathered her bag and hurried away. He leant thunderstruck against the wall.

What the bloody hell had she just done to him?