1. Sent Away

It's December 18, 1873 in the far east of Romania. A land called Transylvania in a small town called Vaseria. There is a family there known as the Valerious'. There was King Boris, his wife, Queen Annabelle, and their two children, Prince Velken and Princess Anna. Velken is seven years old and Anna is five. This family is known to be cursed since the mid 1400's. The reason why, they are being hunted by a Vampire who is the son of their ancestor. His name is Count Vladislaus Dracula. Born 1432 and murdered 1462. He made a pact with the devil and is now known as the devil's son.

Queen Annabelle rushes to get her daughter from her room. "Anna!"

Anna looks at her worriedly. "What is it, Mama? What's going on?"

Annabelle picks her up and quickly grabs a sword and takes her out to a carriage set to take off. She puts her in the carriage and hands her the sword. "Take this. Your papa made it for you for when you're older. Never let it out of your sight."

"Where are we going?"

"I'm not going, Baby. Just you."

"But why? Where are you sending me?" The princess asked tearing up.

"You're going to St. Peter's Church in Vatican City, Rome. Cardinal Jinette will explain when you get there."

"But what about Velken?"

"Velken has to stay here. But I'm sending you because it's for your own good." Annabelle replied and kissed her forehead. "Remember, I'll always be with you and I'll always love you." She said putting her crucifix on her daughter's neck.

The tears slipped freely down the child's cheeks. "I l...l...love you too, Mama." Anna stuttered and with that said, Annabelle closed the door of the carriage and watched as one of her security guards set the carriage horses at a gallop.