4. Christmas Eve 1883

It's been ten years and Anna has grown to love the mysterious man called Van Helsing. Ever since that night, she watched him train as he was working for The Knights of the Holy Order. Although it's been three years since she last saw him and she noticed then that he never aged. She's now signed up herself and has been training for the last three years. She's in the training room now practicing with her saber that her Papa made for her.

The door opens and she turns to attack, but her wrist is caught and her saber is barely six inches from cutting the man's head off. Looking at him, she recognizes him. "Van Helsing!" She gasped and lowered her sword. "I'm so sorry. I didn't expect..."

Van put his hand over her mouth to shut her up. "It's alright." He said. "I see you've gotten as good as me."

She backed up with a blush. "Thanks. And I really am sorry."

"It's quite alright, Anna." He said then looked at her up and down. "You've grown into a VERY beautiful woman."

Anna blushed more and pushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "Cardinal Jinette says I look exactly like my mama."

"I'm sure you do. I... um... brought you something." He said and pulled a small long and wrapped box out of his sack. She smiled as he handed it to her. "Merry Christmas, Anna."

She quickly ripped it open and gasped. There was a big gold bangle and matching large hoop earrings in it. "They're BEAUTIFUL. Thank you." She replied and kissed his cheek.

He took them out and helped her put them in as she put the bangle on her wrist. He stepped back a little to examine her and smiled. "They're perfect. So BEAUTIFUL like I knew they would be."

Without thinking, Anna pulled him down and to her for a passionate kiss on the lips. Van hesitated, but kissed her back as he wrapped his arm around her waist and dove his opposite hand into her hair to deepen it and pull her closer. After a minute, they pulled away. "I..." She started not sure how to voice her thoughts.

"I was hoping you'd do that." He said breathlessly.

"What?"

"I love you, Anna. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. I dream about you every night and think of you every minute of the day."

"You do?"

"Yes. And despite me knowing you as a little girl..."

Anna cut him off. "I've had the same stuff about YOU. I love you too."

Van pulled her up for another kiss, but soft this time. He pulled away after ten seconds. "Will you allow me to court you?"

"I'd be most delighted." She responded with a smile.

He pecked her lips. "Merry Christmas, Anna."

"Merry Christmas, Van." She replied and pecked his lips back.