Chapter 23

I swing open the door. Seto is on his top bunk, reading a book until he hears the door open.

Seto's face is indescribable. A mix of suprise, shock, happiness and sadness. "B-Brice?" he manages to say.

I slowly nod. His eyes cloud up with tears of, joy, I'm hoping, as do mine. He rolls off his bunk and tackles me in a tight hug. "I am so glad you're back.."

Seto pulls away, and stares at me straight in my eyes, his beautiful brown orbs shimmering. He lifted a hand and put it on the Pack's victim symbol on my neck, covering it. It felt like time was frozen as if in one of my drawings.

Without thinking, without speaking, I contect our lips, his soft pair untouched for ages. The thing is, he didn't kiss back. I pull away immediately, regretting once I realize what I just did.

A small unseen tear slips down my cheeks and I dash out of the dorm. I hear Seto call my name, but I'm not turning around.

* * *

I run down the street, away from MAU. I couldn't go home, I knew that would be the first place Seto'd look.

I trip on a crack in the sidewalk, my chin hitting the hard concrete. I rub my scratched-up skin, blood slowly seeping from the wound, and pull myself to my feet.

I continue running down the street, but bump into someone my age. The girl I ran into drops her bag. "I'm so sorry!"

I pick up the backpack and hand it to her. "No, my fault, didn't see where I was going," I say cooly, glancing over my shoulder for Seto.

She tilts her head, her brown eyes flickering confusion. "Are you alright?" I look back forward.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine, just looking for someone.."

She points behind me at the school. "Are you a student from MAU?"

I nod, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Cool! My name's Hazel, I'll be going here in a few weeks."

I shake her hand. "Nice to meet you, Hazel. I'm Brice."

She smiles. "I have to go check out the school. See you there, Brice!" Hazel calls, walking down the sidewalk. "Your chin's bleeding, by the way."

"Yeah, I think I've noticed that," I mumble under my breath, wiping the tiny bit of blood off on my hand, then continuing my sprint.

* * *

I break the border, entering the forest. I'm full out of breath, and I slump against a tree.

A few minutes later, I hear a few twigs snap and leaves crumpling. I dive for a wide tree to hide behind.

"Did you hear that?" I hear someone mumble.

"No, that couldn't be him. Knowing Brice, he would've gone deeper with the amount of time he had."

I recognize those voices.. Ty and Jason? Did Seto call the guys?

I sigh with relief as the footsteps fade.

"Brice!" I open my eyes to see my five friends, Seto nowhere.

I'm about to break into a sprint to try and lose them when Jerome grabs my arm.

I bite my lip, a tear threatening to fall down my face. I wipe it away quickly with my free hand. Jerome lets go of my hand.

"Brice.." Adam begins. "Seto is back at the school in tears and worried sick about you, man."

I look away, but it seems as if their eyes are burning my skin. "H-he called you guys?"

Mitch shakes his head. "No, we were in the lobby talking with Tassy. We saw you run out and checked in with Seto. Then we came out to find you."

I close my eyes, my head still down, several tears falling along my cheeks. "T-tell him I-I'm sorry.."

Jason tilts his head. "For what?"

"Just tell him," I say sternly, but sniffling.

I begin walking away but Ty and Jerome block my path. "No thanks. You'll be the one to tell him, for whatever reason."

* * *

The guys escort me back to the school, where Seto is waiting in the lobby with Tassy, his face stained with tears.

I look at the floor as he looks at me, and I cry one more small tear. I hear footsteps on the quartz floor and am pulled into a hug.

I hug Seto back. He pets my soft golden hair. "Oh, Brice, why'd you do that?"

"B-because..."

He shakes his head and pulls away from his hug. "No, no. I mean run off like that.." Seto cups my head with his hands, wiping away teardrops with his thumb.

"B-because you d-don't f-feel the s-s-same way.." I stutter.

Seto's brown eyes softened. "And who said that?"

"The stupid voice inside my head."

He puts his hands on my shoulders. "Well, what does it know?"

And before I can respond, Seto leans in and kisses me, and I kiss back.