8.

I woke up to the sound of people mowing their lawns. I quickly got up and took a quick shower. I brushed my teeth and put my hair in a quick bun. I put on black jeans with a white tank top with a black long cardigan. I put on my black Tims.

Today, I was going to go to the mall, to buy a d- a ddd- let me try again.

Today I was going to go to the mall, to buy a dress.

I went inside the local bus and sat down in the middle seats. I only had my permit but I didn't have a car and I couldn't borrow my dad's or my brother's. I didn't dare touch my mom's. My dad was going to court to win a case as always. And my brother went to go to his usual job interviews and then refuses the job once he finds out how much they really pay.

"Can I sit here?" I took my eyes of my phone and looked to the guy who said that.

"Oh, bartender guy." I rolled my eyes and motioned him to sit.

"It's Max." He said while chuckling.

"Don't you have a car?" I asked "Max". Yeah, your name is still "Bartender Guy". Oooh! "Bar" for short.

"My sister is borrowing it." He said. I nodded in understandment.

"Well, I have to go. My stop is next." I said. He nodded then grabbed my phone.
I slapped his arm and he flinched. He added a number in. I grabbed back my phone. I scanned through my contacts and found "BAR". My cheeks staarted burning.

"I said that out loud right." I said while I got out. He chuckled and nodded. I smiled and waved goodbye while I came out the bus.

I entered the mall and looked at all the clothes that was on display. I stopped as a dress caught my eye. That's "the dress".

I stared at the strapless Moschino mini black dress. I didn't really like wearing brands but that was too BEAUTIFUL. It had the word Moschino in gold where the waist is supposed to be and a gold zipper going down on the left side.

I went inside the clothing store. I patiently waited in line for my turn.

After three people,I was next. "Can I have that dress?" I asked the cashier pointing to the maniquin that held the black dress.

She scanned my whole body. "You know, you should become a model." She suggested as she handed me the dress she took down. "You're not that tall but you can wear heels."

She scanned the dress and I handed her my credit card I barely used. I didn't even bother to look at the price because I knew it was going to be expensive. "Here's my mom's buisness card. She's almost out of business." The girl looked up to me.

"I don't really like doing stuff like that, but if it's for your mom, I guess I'll do it." I said as I handed her back the pen I borrowed to sign my name. She took a deep breath out. "Thanks." She said.

I nodded and walked out the store quickly. That was not me. I usually don't agree with people like that.

I walked over to a smoothie place and ordered a mango and blueberry smoothie. If Bethany doesn't forgive me after this, I don't know what will.

•••

"Let me see the dress!!" Sophie begged. I chuckled as I picked her up and put her on my bed.

"Okay, but I don't think you'll like it." I gave her a serious look and took out the dress.

She grabbed it and held it carefully. She ran her fingers through the gold letters. "It's so cool!" She exclaimed.

I chuckled as I took it from her and hung it in my closet. "Thanks." I said.

"Bethany came." Sophie said as she jumped on my bed.

"Really?" I said as I quickly turned around with my eyes wide.

Sophie stopped jumping and looked at me strangely. "You look crazy, and creepy."

I playfully pinched her then shoved her out my room. I tried calling Bethany but she didn't answer.

After three attempts, I got mad. "Bethany, I'm sick & tired of this bullshit. I got a sexy dress for the dance and a black jumpsuit for your party. You're turning sixteen. Don't you want to celebrate that with your best friend. Look, I'm sorry. I'll see you on Monday." I hung up.

Bethany always checks her voice mails so I guess she'll see mine.