The Bad Boy, Cupid, & Me - One Shot [7]

LAST CHAPTER.

"Still got nothing?" Gabby's voice sliced through my thoughts as I reheated the frozen pizza from the fridge.

I simply shook my head.

"Chloe. We'll find him. I know, we will." She reassured me.

I sighed. "I'm worried because what if he isn't eating? What if he doesn't have money on him? Or worse, what if he ended up dead in a garba-"

"Woah! Hold it right there, sister!" She interrupted me.

I groaned in anguish as I realized how I couldn't really live without that guy.

"Distract me, Gab. Talk to me about Oliver or Val." I muttered.

"V-val? Why would I want to talk to you about Val?" She looked away twirling her hair with her fingers.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "You're not telling me something."

"Nothing," she sighed. "But it's so damn hard because I also need space. It's not healthy that he'a constantly around me especially when his smiles keep on sending my stomach into overdrive." My eyes widened for this was the first time she has acknowledged her growing feelings for Val.

"The guy that I'm in love with just broke up with me. I don't want to confuse myself with all these." I furrowed my brows as her dilemma sounded exactly the same as...

Exactly the same as the one who asked for my advice!

Mr. None of Your Business

I should've known.

"You know, Gabby? I think Val really likes you. But you have to take a step back." I looked at her in the eye.

She sighed. "I know. And that's what I'm trying to do. I need to prioritize myself first."

Our conversation was interrupted by my phone. I fished it out of my pocket checking the caller id

Speak of the devil.

I hit answer. "Val! What's up?"

"Hey, can you come down here at Cyrus? We might have a lead on where Reece is."

My eyes widened as I felt my heart beat a little faster.

"I'm on my way."

~*~

"Let me repeat this, you think Reece is staying at a motel."

"Look, it makes perfect sense. It's near our area." He reasoned out. "Where will he stay? And besides, he stayed there once when he was too drunk to even go home."

"Fine, let's go check it out, Mr, None of Your Business." I responded without looking at him in the eye.

However, on the corner of my eye, I saw his eyes widened.

"W-what!" I smirked.

"You didn't think I would found out, did you?" I asked.

"What are you talking about, Chloe?" He tried to play the innocent act but he and I both knew he couldn't get away with this.

"Drop the act, Valentino." At the use of his full name, he sighed.

"I really like her, Chloe." He mumbled. "I have for a long time. Even before that night."

My jaw dropped.

Why didn't I notice this?

"Wow. I didn't know about that but like I said, she needs some time, Val." I gave him a weak smile.