Fruits Basket: Kyoru~ Learn to 愛

"Aisuru koto o manabu," Yuki yells. "If you don't find out what that means, you're never going to be happy or fit in anywhere!"

"Shut your damn mouth, rat," I say throwing a punch at Yuki's face. He easily moves out of the way and kicks me, making me fall to the floor. I fall hitting my face hard on the floor. What's wrong with him, he hit me harder than usual...

"Get off the floor," Yuki says looking down at me. Aisuru koto o manabu? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

"I'm home," I hear a cheery voice call as it walks inside the house, "guys, Shigure is going to be gone for a few weeks." The front door shuts. Why? Where is Shigure going?

I get up from the floor and glare at Yuki. He must be mad or something, because that actually kinda hurt. He smiles walking towards the doorway. I grab his shirt collar and turn him back towards me, "we're not done here!"

"I want to go greet, Tohru," Yuki says simply pulling away again obviously seeming bored with our argument. I hate how cool he acts! It pisses me off even more! I hate him and his cool I-don't-care attitude it makes me even more pissed off. And because of her! It always ends like this now! That, Tohru, girl shows up and he stops fighting with me like nothing happened and we're finished fighting.

"Too damn bad," I say yanking him deeper into the living room. He's not getting out of it this time.

"Let me go, Kyo," Yuki says turning to face me obviously starting to get irritated.

"And if I don't," I question tightening my grip on his collar. Come on you damn rat, hit me.

"Guys are you even back yet? Yuki," she calls from somewhere in the house, "Kyo?"

"Let me go now, you dumb cat," Yuki says annoyed pulling backwards again trying to step towards the doorway.

I pull him towards me and raise my fist to his face. "There you guys-," I hear Tohru start to say cheerfully before her voice fades into nothing. Me and Yuki's head whip towards her and she stares at us blankly.

"Um, Tohru...it's not what it looks like," Yuki says pulling away from me, "we...we were, um...."

I release my grip and drop my fist, "I was going to show him the proper way to punch someone in the face," I say bitterly looking at her and then at Yuki.

She slowly nods, half-heartily believing us . "How was work, Miss Honda," Yuki questions walking toward her trying to change the subject.

"It was fine," she answered with a smile after a pause.

"What happened at work today," Yuki questioned frowning at her.

She looks at him surprised, "nothing...nothing, I said it was fine."

Yuki looks her un-amused, "Tohru, you're a terrible liar."

"I'm...I'm not lying," she says backing away from him. I stare at both of them bored. She looks fine and she's smiling, she's okay. Yuki leave the poor girl alone. "Shigure is going to be gone for a few weeks," she says breaking a long awkward silence that followed.

"Why," Yuki questioned after he sighs in defeat, "when is he leaving?"

"Actually, he left this morning, I think. I told him to wake me up before he left, but he didn't," she says semi-pouting before smiling again.

What's wrong with her? She's always so happy? I mean even when she is sad or something, she's so positive about it, from what I've seen anyway. I've only been here a week and she's always smiling.