Fruits Basket: Learn To Love

I eventually move all my things out of Yuki's room and begin putting my things where I want them in my own room. Fifteen minutes later, I have my room exactly as I want it. I sigh in accomplishment, finally done.

I hear laughter echoing into my room, and I narrow my eyes. So Yuki is trying to play nice guy now. I roll my eyes annoyed and walk to the kitchen. Can I really stay here and deal with perfect boy and smiley girl?

I walk into the the kitchen to see Tohru cooking like normal and Yuki is no where to be seen. "Where's Yuki," I ask raising an eyebrow when I realize it's only her in the kitchen. Is she nuts? Is that why she was laughing by herself a minute ago?...

Tohru turns to me smiling to show that Yuki is in his white rat form in her shirt's breast pocket. I burst into laughter, "ahahahaha, stupid rat!" So she turned him into a rat, I think holding my stomach from laughing.

Yuki glares at me, "Kyo when I get back to normal..."

I smirk and walk towards Tohru, "you're gonna' do what rat boy?" Tohru takes Yuki out of her pocket and looks at me with wide eyes.

Tohru backs away panicking, "Kyo, I don't think you and Kyo should fight! Not right now! Not that you two should ever fight, but Yuki is at a really unfair disadvantage! You might really hurt him, like he usually does to you!" I look at Tohru in disbelief, ouch.... "I MEAN," Tohru yells practically punching herself in the head, "I really need to stop talking....."

*Pop*

Tohru turns around and covers her eyes. I cover my eyes too, "put on some clothes, you damn rat!" I feel bad for me and Tohru, no one wants to see that.

"I apologize, Miss Honda, you can look now," Yuki says after putting on his clothes.

Tohru smiles, "you two, go wash up. Dinner's almost done."

Yuki nods and looks at me, "let's go." Tohru turns off the stove and begins serving the food.

I look at Yuki questioningly, "why does she seem so, I don't know, house-wifey?" It's not normal for a girl her age, from my understanding, she's my age or maybe a year younger, but it's not normal for her to not be boy-crazed and worried about clothes or something to that nature. Most girls don't know how to cook, do laundry, clean or anything. Tohru does everything, A NORMAL girl wouldn't, then again Tohru doesn't seem normal.

Yuki looks back to me, answering, "she's responsible, something you also need to learn." Yuki and me walk into the bathroom.

I girt my teeth before speaking again. I really need to control my temper, I'm getting better, but I still need work. It be easier if I didn't have that damn rat around! "Why, does she even live here," I ask curiously as I watch Yuki washing his hands.

"Shigure never told you," Yuki asks drying his hands off with a towel.

I raise an eyebrow, "no...."

Yuki looks at me and sighs, "I'm only telling you so maybe you'll watch what you say around her." I shrug and begin washing my hands listening to Yuki talk. "Tohru's mother passed away awhile back and her father died when she was little. Besides her grandfather, Tohru has no family willing to speak to her. Her grandfather had to have renovations done on his home a while back and instead of asking her grandfather to stay with him or moving in with her friends momentarily, she lived in a tent.... She's very considerate, she figured moving in with anyone would just be a burden. I eventually came across her and after discussing things with Shigure and Akito, they both agreeded to let her stay with us. Tohru ended up agreeing to moving in after Shigure said she could cook and clean in exchange for her living here," Yuki says sighing, "it's a mystery to me how Tohru always finds a reason to smile, but ever sense she moved in, home is just more homey now that she's moved in though."