Tuesday, June 12

I wish someone would tell me exactly what a journal is. When I asked my mother, she said, "Well, it is like a diary only different." That helps. She was going to explain more, but Mrs. Furtz (the lady who just moved across the street ) called to say that my brother Denis was throwing eggs at her house, and my mother went bersek so she didnt finish telling me. How am I supposed to write a journal if I dont even know what one is?
I wouldnt be doing this anyway, excepect that Mrs. Zollar asked me to. She's an English teacher. She asked us to keep a journal this summer and bring it in (in September) to our new English teacher.
So, new English teacher, I guess I better say who I am. My name is Mary Lou Finney. I live at 4059 Buxton Road in Easton, Ohio. I have a normally strange family. Here's our cast of charactes, so to speak:
Sam Finney( whose age I am not allowed to tell you) is the father. He is a pretty regular father. Sometimes he likes us and sometimes we drive him crazy. When we are driving him crazy, he usually goes out in the garden and pulls some weeds. When he is at work, he is a geologist and spends his days drawing maps.
Sally Finney( whose age I'm also not allowed to tell you or anyone else) is the mother. She also is a regular pretty mother. Sometimes she drools all over us and sometimes she asks my father if there isnt something he can do about us.