Where it all began...

Ever thought that your life was normal? Like there was no such thing as monsters or that the Greek gods never existed? I did, I believed all the lies my mom and dad told me. How I found out the truth? The hard way...

***********************************

Peter's POV:

I was tinkering with my watch, trying to make it turn into a shield (thanks Hephaestus). That was until my bedroom door flew open, there standing at the entrance to my room (did I forget to say that was where I was).

Anyway at the entrance to my room was a girl, she had long glossy brown hair, had a long purple short-sleeved t-shirt and had ripped jeans. But the key feature was her eyes, they were currently brown, but sometime they become blue.

I got lost in those eyes, next thing I know she's snapping her fingers in my face and was calling my name, I snapped out of my trance and heard  her speak.

"Hey Pete watcha lookin' at?", she asked put a hand on her hip and had a raised eyebrow and her classic smirk.

"Nothing, why Aim's?", I asked going a little red I soo have a crush on her I thought to myself.

"You sure? Look like you were staring. Doesn't matter, watcha doin'?" She asked dismissing what just happened.

"Me? Well you know in the second book of Percy Jackson, where Tyson gave Percy a watch that turned into a shield?" I told her.

"Yeah, don't tell me thats what you're doing? Amy said sitting next to me and watching me work. "You do realise thats impossible right?", she told me backing up a bit incase of an explosion.

"Aim's I am the impossible and you know, so why question the impossible?" I turned facing her. "It's not like Chaos' gonna disintegrate me if I do is it? I think he'd be intrigued" I told her.

"How'd you know? Have you met him?" She said looking at me.

"No I haven't but based on what i've read, Chaos won't mind. And stop being be scared", I said muttering the last part.

There was a brief moment of silence.

"Are done yet? Cuz I wanna go play on your PS2!!" She whined.

I held my index finger in reply "One moment", after screwing in the last screw, I stood up and headed for the door. Turning around to face Amy, "Coming?" I asked.

"Duh, but first show me what you've done". She asked blocking the door with her arms across her chest.

"Really, do I have to?" I whined. In response I got a raised eyebrow and a look that said 'I ain't moving until you show me'.

"Fine, here" I sigh and press a blue metal button on the watch. Nothing happened.

"See, nothing" I mutter. "Can you move now?" I ask, to which she did with a look that said 'told ya so'.

As we were heading downstairs to my living room, I heard a large cranking sound. Amy noticed this and turned around (she was ahead of me).

"Where's that sound coming from?" she asked me backing away from me and took cover behind the couch as we enter the living room.

"I think its from my watch" I replied looking down at said watch. What I saw was a metal cover over where the clock part of the watch was. It began to beep.

With instinct I threw the watch and dive bombed behind the same couch Amy was behind bracing myself. Next thing I heard was a *insert spring sound here*. We both looked from over the couch, Amy's mouth was open in shock while I was grinning like a mad man (Can five-year olds do that?).