The Jackson's quarter-pounder Supreme

Peter's POV:

Let's just say all hell broke loose from that point on. I sat there in disbelief, with Amy tighten her grip on me and shaking inhumanly as my brain was finding difficulty comprehending the hairy, muscular beast that stood before us.

We continued to sit like this silently for a minute or two, unnoticed, until Amy plucked the courage to ask "Is that... the Mino-" to which caused me to cover her mouth, hush her and whisper into her ear "Names have power, don't say them carelessly". To which her reply was a frantic nod stating that she understood.

After I said this, the smoke had nearly cleared and the Minotaur began walking in our direction pointing his nose up in the air and started to sniff. Probably trying to locate us I thought as he was closing the distance between us, centimetre by centimetre. As this was happening Amy's shaking became even more vigorous (if thats even humanly possible), and I thought of an idea. It was a stupid one, but nonetheless an idea.

I detached Amy's arms off of me and stood up as I picked her off the ground, and began walking backwards gradually increasing my pace, bringing her along with me. Once we got to the back door, I opened my shield and turned towards her.

With a shaky breath I looked up and stared into those mesmerising dark brown eyes "Go, go inside and tell me my mom what's going on, but remember what I told you, don't say his name just describe what happened. Okay?"

I watched as her pupils dilated and a shocked expression appeared on her face. "What do you mean? Shouldn't both of us go and tell your mom about this?"

"Well logically speaking yes, but I have to keep him here and distracted before he can be killed, this shield alone can only injure him and slow him down. I need that bronze knife that was given to my mom by my dad". I said as I pushed her into the house.

"Wait, James gave your mom a special knife that can kill things like that?" Amy shrieked in awe.

"No it was my birth dad" I didn't want to say real dad as James (my stepdad) was my dad but not the one that did the 'do' with my mom. "Anyway my mom will know what I'm talking about, now go while I distract it", as I said so I gave her a reassuring smile, she was hesitant at first, but once she saw the determination on my face she turned and ran in the direction of the living room.

Amy's POV:

As I ran towards the living room, I swear I heard Peter yell "Come at me ground beef!" And mentally face palmed myself when I heard him say that, out of all the insults you could come up with, you chose 'ground beef?!' I thought to myself as I let out a irritated sigh as I arrived at the living room door.

I took a few deep breaths since I was still exhausted from playing with Peter's shield along with my brain trying to wrap itself around the fact that a Greek monster was just a few feet away from us.

Miss Jackson must have seen the exhaustion written clearly on my face. Who wouldn't? I was taking pretty much deep breaths, covered in slight dirt, scratches and too and I was sweating, even if it was ever so slightly. "Sweetie, are you okay? You seem exhausted, you must be having fun, right?" She said, when she spoke her voice had an affect on me. It was warm, soothing and calming, if she could tell me that everything was going to be fine, and I'd believe her.

"Where's-" she started to say, I knew what she wanted to know, 'Where's Peter?' It was the obvious question since he wasn't by my side, which wasn't exactly normal, as we 'supposedly' inseparable, whatever that meant.

I took a deep breath, the news I was going to bestow her with would possibly freak her out, she was protective over Peter after all. She was lenient since he had pretty bad dyslexia and ADHD. Anyway, "Miss Jackson, about Peter..." I started to say, before I could finish the house shook slightly, normally I wouldn't freak out, but earthquakes never happened in England, let alone the North East of London.