12- Liable

You guys are incredible.

{Check out 'x' if you haven't already?}

----

Niall didn't think he would ever have the opportunity to go back to that house, not with the tight leash Liam and Louis had on him. He gets it, really he does. But he can't help but feel like he needed to go back, to explain himself. And if Harry wanted to still kill him after that, well, there's nothing he can do. He doesn't have a death wish, no of course not. He's very happy with his life, happy with what he's doing and achieving. But there's this undeniable pull, a force to be reckoned with, and he just can't escape it. He is tempting fate, he knows, but the need to explain himself and fix things is too great.

Niall thinks he may be going through withdrawal, like Harry is a drug to him. Only, it can't possibly be. He can't be addicted to the presence of someone who he's only been in the company of thrice. That doesn't make sense, not to him. But sometimes feelings don't make sense, your heart doesn't need any facts or logic.

That's how Niall ended up at the bottom of the hill once again. But this time it's different. For the first time he's actually quite terrified of going up and into that house, of what may happen. He knows the lads will figure it all out soon enough, he doesn't have time to waste. His nerves contradict his thoughts however. He takes a deep breath, and begins walking up the hill, long determined strides getting him up the hill quicker than he realized.

Harry sighs, watching the lad come closer and closer. His eyes flash with anger, and he growls. He stalks down the stairs, throwing the door open just as soon as Niall shakily reaches for the doorknob. Harry glowers at the lad, who takes a careful step back.

"I thought I told you not to come back? Do you have a death wish?" He hisses, watching as Niall flinches at his tone. But he also watches, confused, when Niall stands straighter, squaring his shoulders and puffing out his chest. Harry thinks he looks adorable when he tries to look intimidating, then mentally curses himself for that thought.

"I needed to explain." Niall says softly. Harry raises an eyebrow, his lips still in a straight line. "I understand how you could be angry at me, but it's just a misunderstanding. He's my best mate, I had to protect him but that didn't mean that he was right." Niall rambles quickly. Harry's lips quirk up slightly, watching the lad ramble nervously. "I don't think you're a monster." He admits, and Harry freezes.

"That will be your downfall." Harry whispers in response. Niall's heart picks up, but he stays put.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take." He answers back, voice strong. Harry smiles sadly.

"Then you are a fool." Harry turns around, stepping back inside. Niall takes that as a sign to follow. He looks around the room again, still looking the same as it always had.

"Harry, how long have you lived here?" Niall questions softly. He sees Harry tense slightly, but relax only a moment later.

"Years." He answers shortly.

"Where's your family."

"Gone."

--------

It's uber short and I'm so sorry but I'm having a bit of writers block. I wanted to get something up for you guys, and hopefully I'll get inspiration soon enough.

Predictions? Ideas?

What would you like to see in future chapters?

What do you think would happen?

60 comments for an update?

Val xx