Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Rewritten

"I just don't want to get in any more trouble after History" I grinned, glaring at the math problems in my book. "These all look really hard and I have no idea how to even start" I groaned shutting my book dramatically.

"Here let me help" Jack reached over and copied the answers from his book into mine. "Jack is that such a good idea...." I trailed off as he handed me back the book just as Mr James walked through.   

"Right class, time is up, lets mark" Mr James began calling out the answers. Guiltily I began to mark "my" work. Of course the only ones I got right were the ones Jack had done for me. "Right Everyone who got less then five correct hands up" several people put their hands up as I shot Jack a grin. I got six. His six ind you but I escaped the teacher's wrath this time.

"You shouldn't have done that" I whispered to him. Jack shrugged "Go get Milton to tutor you or something then" He flashed me a lazy grin and I smiled. "Thank you"

After School

"Jack" I called out, spying him and Jerry ahead of us and I rushed to catch up with the two guys

"Kim, slow down" Milton groaned holding his side and I was forced to stop and wait for him to catch up, annoyance evident on my face.

"What up yo?" Jerry asked and I glared at them.

"Why didn't you wait for us?" Milton asked curiously and Jack shrugged.

"I wanted to get some extra work in before class started" Jack gave one of his smiles that girls melted over. Of course that stopped me being mad at him but I had to keep up the pretence so I tried extra hard to keep a scowl on my face.

"Well you should have waited" I raised an eyebrow at him, a skill that took months to perfect.

"I was gonna be a board holder wooooo" Jerry cheered, then stopped when he saw my angry expression and burst out laughing. I gave up the act and smiled as we entered the dojo, then left the boys to go change.

I hadn't packed an extra t-shirt or anything so I just shoved on my workout shorts and removed my skirt, then fixed my hair in a ponytail and left my feet bare. Taking one last look in the mirror, I flaunted out of the changing rooms and stuffed my things in a locker.

"Everyone gather round" Rudy called out. I noticed I was last and the others were all either stretching or practicing kicks. I hurried over and Rudy fixed me with a smile. "Look who decided to join us" he taunted me and I raised an eyebrow. "It takes time to look this good" I smiled confidently, flicking my ponytail.

"Anyway, I would like you guys to split up and practice sparring, focusing on making your moves carry as much power as possible" He explained and I nodded. Routine stuff.  "The stronger a move is, the less moves are needed to take out your opponent" Rudy added as I made my way over to Jack.

"Not so fast Kim. Jerry, I want you with Kim and Jack with Milton" Rudy said. I groaned internally. Won't be much of a workout today. I moved to the far side of the mat and struck a defensive pose.

Jerry started shaking slightly as he eyed me up. "Uh, can't I go with Milton" he stammered and Milton nodded his head eagerly in agreement.

Rudy glared at them. "I want you to practice on someone who is better than you so you will get used to thinking out side the square to try and beat your opponent" he explained.

"What about my challenge" I muttered. Jack heard, and grinned at me.

" Jack and Kim, don't go to hard on them" I nodded, hearing Rudy's words and discarding them in one moment, then fixed Jerry with a dangerous look.

"Yeah I am gonna think outside the square" Jerry said, moving back so he was now off the mat.

"Jerry Martinez get over here this instant or I will come to you" I threatened, walking forward confidently.

"Hey get back to your corner, I'm coming yo" Jerry said, hesitantly stepping onto the mat. Without warning he charged at me so I kicked him in the chest, sending him sprawling.

After twenty minutes of this Rudy called us together for some more strength training. He had us breaking boards, doing push ups  and lifting blocks. We were all sweaty and exhausted by the end of it and I was panding heavily. "Aaah my abs" Jack clutched his stomach as he stood up after a heavy core workout to end the session.

"What abs?" I teased, trying to ignore the pain in my own core.

Jack fixed me with a smirk and slowly pulled up his top to reveal his toned stomach. Wow Wow Wow! I looked away quickly, hoping he couldn't see my face. The Tease.

"Stop drooling Kim" Jerry laughed and I flicked my head round.

"Fight me Martinez" I threatened.

"Um no thanks, you had your chance. I'm out of here" Jerry sprinted for the changing rooms.

Not wanting to be left with Jack after that, I powerwalked into the girls changing rooms where I stripped and dived under the water. That was the good part about being the only girl in the dojo, you didnt have to line up for showers. The guys always took ages after practice because there was alot more of them but only one shower cubicle.

As I towled my hair dry, I thought about Jack. Did he even understand the effect he had on me? Hopefully not. Those abs though.