Chapter 3: The First Day

The birds chirping outside Kathrine's window is what woke her up. She check her alarm clock to see what time it was. 9:30 AM. She stretched and walked out of bed. Her back ached from having to stand in the small metal cage. She found her way to the kitchen and saw Mr. Grey sitting there sipping a dark roasted cup of coffee. As he took another sip he noticed Kathrine from the corner of his eye. 

"Morning" She chirped

"Took you long enough" He complained.

"I didn't any sleep the night before!" She whined

"No excuses. If you want your necklace your going to have to get up earlier!" He said with a sharp tone at the end.

Kathrine scurried to make a cup of coffee. She then got dressed in the ratty clothes she had the night before. She walked back to the kitchen. She saw the Mr. Grey was not sitting at the coffee table anymore. 

"Mr.Grey!" She shouted out.

Then she heard a sound of a rain stick. She went near the sound to check if everything was alright. It lead her right to a brown door.

"Um.. Mr.Grey? I everything alright?" 

No response. She pressed her ear against the door and listened. Again all she could make out was a rain stick being shaken. Did Mr. Grey want rain? What for? So she barged into the door. She looked around the room and all she saw was a sink with a white quartz top, a white toilet, and a big see through glass shower. Kathrine cold see Mr. Grey's butt and covered her eyes. She screamed and tried to run out but having her eyes closed, he smack the wall right next to her.

Mr. Grey was hesitant on what to do. He turned off the shower then quickly reached for a towel while still facing the shower head. He covered himself and ran towards Kathrine. He lightly hit her cheek multiple times softly saying,

"Wake up! Wake up!"

Then he said it louder

"Wake up! Wale up!

And louder

"Kathrine Wake up!"

He finally decided to carry her to her bed and leave her there while walking back to the bathroom to get changed. He changed into a white collared shirt, champagne colored trousers, and black dress shoes. He walked casually down the long hallways to the kitchen, where he found an ice pack. Then he walked to the large bedroom and saw Kathrine still unconscious. He held the cold ice pack on her head. His hands were freezing but that was alright to him. After a few minutes he walked up and put the ice pack back in the freezer before it started to melt with water.

A few hours later Kathrine woke up to the smell of a thick creamy broth. She found her way to the kitchen and saw Mr. Grey cooking.

"What'cha making?" Kathrine weakly said

"Carrot Broccoli soup"

He looked very stressed out and seemed to rush, making the dish. 

"Are we still going to go and get my necklace?"

He turned around and looked like he was about to say something, but decided to shut his mouth and just nod. He turned back around to finish making the soup.

"Smells delicious" She said sniffing the air.

After dinner was served, Kathrine chowed down on the soup the second it was handed to her. Mr. Grey told her to slow down. She obeyed and slowly sipped her soup. It took any hour until they were ready to head out and grab her necklace.

Once they were finished, Mr. Grey pressed the lowest button on the elevator. It had a ring of real gold on the outside of the button and it read, "MG" You needed an eye scan to be able to unlock it. He bent over the button and it scanned his retina. Then the elevator said in a robotic voice,

"Welcome, Mr. Grey"

We ended up in a large white marble room with all different models of cars.

"Pick which car you would like to ride in" He offered

"Hmm" She scanned each speck of detail on every single car. She then noticed a beautiful black car which had a very low suspension and big wheels. It had tinted windows and read, "MG's Personal Vehicle" On the back bumper. She pointed and he nodded.

They hopped in and she was amazed by all of the controls. He showed her what each button did while still driving. She pressed a small black button that almost blended in with the car. It made a holographic screen pop up that read again, "Welcome, Mr, Grey" Then a menu appeared in front of her that had several options. One of them was Karaoke.

"Want to sing Mr. Grey?" Kathrine teased

He looked serious and didn't respond right away. A few seconds after she asked he said firmly,

"Turn it off"

She looked upset and pressed the button in the corner that said "OFF" She sat there the entire ride, looking out the window. Everyone pointed and smiled when they saw that the back said MG'S Personal Vehicle" Some people even took a photograph before the vehicle zoomed by.

Once they got out of the car to her old apartment, everyone ran up to Mr. Grey. He held my waist, making sure not to lose me. A trail of girls were behind him asking him several questions and squealing. He ignored them all except one.

"Mr. Grey! Is this girl your GIRLFRIEND!?" The fan girl sounded very hostile

"No" He said gravelly

The girls once again, squealed at this information knowing now that he is still single. He walked inside the elevator and all of the girls tried to fit in. He pushed them out without saying a word.

"Wow, rough" Kathrine said scratching her head.

"Yeah, that's what sucks when you're networth is nearly a billion dollars. 

"How isn't it already a billion dollars?"

"I started this company only 2 years ago"

"Oh wow! Time goes by fast!" She said excitedly

"And so does this elevator ride. Very discomforting. How did you stand this every single day" He whined

"I got used to it"

When we stepped in front of my old door there was a note that read, 

"Pay your rent by this week or I sell your apartment"

She quickly slides the key in and open up the door. Thankfully everything is still here. But all she remembered was when she got kidnapped. A shiver went through her spine. He put his hand on her back.

"Don't worry I'm here" He said looking around the apartment.

Kathrine ran to her room and thankfully her necklace was still laying on the ground. She grabbed it and they headed out. They ran passed the girls that were waiting by the elevator by using the staircase and slid into the car.

"Thank-You" She mumbled

He still had a straight face on

"Yup. Your first job is tomorrow"

She nodded and looked through the window again. Once they arrived home, she collapsed on the bed. She slept with her clothes on. Mr. Grey peaked in an told her to set her alarm clock to 7:30 AM. She nodded still half awake.