Chapter 1

So I've been living in London for about two months now. I moved here from New Jersey to start a new life, and so far it's been going good. My name is Layla. I'm 19 years old and have wavy medium length brown hair and brown eyes, not that that matters though. I've always thought I was skinny but my sister always told me I had the perfect body. That's besides the point, anyway, I decided to move to London after my mother died in a car accident a couple years ago. My father was an abusive alcoholic and I just couldn't stay. I started picking up my dads bad habits like drinking and smoking all the time and I knew I would go down the wrong path if I stayed. Leaving was the toughest decision of my life though. I left my sister, Brooke, who was 21 years old, all my friends, my dad who even was an abusive alcoholic, I loved so dearly, and all my memories behind.

I was awoken by my alarm clock. I looked at the time. 9:05 am. I was supposed to wake up at 8:30.

"Damn it, and I'm late" I said to myself.

I lived in a small apartment all to myself. It was winter out, almost Christmas  and my apartment was freezing cold.

I got myself dressed for college wearing a button down shirt and jeans. I grabbed my jacket and left in a hurry.

At the college :

I was at the library trying to study, but I got sidetracked. I decided to walk down the isle of books with my eyes closed and pick out a random book and read it. I pulled out "The Chronicles of Narnia" I've watched the movies but never read the book.

I sat down in a seat and began to read.

"Ever watch the movies?" a voice said in front of me.

I put down my book. A girl who looked about 20 with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes looked at me. "Yeah but I've never the book"

"The movies good huh?" She asked.

"Yeah I really like all of them." I said.

"You're from America?" she asked

"Yes I am" I laughed a bit.

She looked at me in awe. "Man, I've always wanted to go to America"

We got to talking about other things like how we got here and how old we are and that kind of stuff. It turns out
her name is Skyler and she's 20 like I thought.

Skyler looked at the time. We had been talking for about and hour and a half. "Well I got to go. It was nice meeting you." she smiled.

"You too" I smiled back.

"We should hang out sometimes." Skyler said. She handed me her phone. "Here put in your number and we could arrange something"

"Yeah that'd be awesome." I put in my number and gave back the phone.

"Yeah me and my friend Georgie Henley are planning on hanging out later today. I don't know if anyone else is coming. I can ask her I'm sure she'll say yes she loves meeting new people." Skyler said.

"Georgie Henley, that name sounds familiar." I thought to myself.

"Who's Georgie Henley?" I asked. "That name sounds familiar."

Skyler gave a little laugh. "Remember Lucy from the movie? She's my cousin.

I was mind blown. "Oh my god I knew I remembered that name from somewhere. Wow that's awesome."

"Yeah it is. Hey I gotta run but I'll text you okay?"

"Yeah sounds great!" I said.