Chapter 7

I woke up to the sound of rain hitting the roof. Opening my eyes I realized I fell asleep next to Skandar on the couch.

I got up and Skandar soon woke up. "Hey" he said in a sexy sleepy voice.

"We should get your car from the grocery store" I said.

"Yeah let me get ready" he said then stretched.

We parked next to Skandars car in the parking lot in the grocery store.

Skandar unbuckled his seatbelt and sat back in the seat. "Hey Layla?" he asked. 

"Yeah". I looked at him

"I'm really glad you decided to stay over" he said

"Yeah I am too and thank you, for everything" I gave a shy smile.

We both looked into each other's eyes. I looked at his warm luscious lips begging for them to be on mine. He leaned in and then he kissed me.  I got butterflies in my stomach like never before. It was magic, the way our lips connected. It started out as a soft kiss that lingered. I began kissing him deeply. His warm lips felt like heaven with its warmth and softness. After him kissing me, he looked into my eyes and put my hair behind my ear. He smiled.

"Bye Layla, ill see you soon". he said and opened the door.

"Bye" I said and smiled.

Skandar left and we both drove away.  Halfway home I received a call.

Incoming call : Brooke

I picked up but didn't say anything.

"The funerals in two days" she said.

"Yeah I already booked a flight to New Jersey Im leaving tomorrow morning." I said.

"Good I need to show you something when you get here" she said still sounding shooken up.

"Ok"

She hung up and I proceeded to drive. 

One by one tears slowly fell. Thoughts of "what ifs" filled my head. "What if I hadn't left" "What if I told him, I loved him back". "What if I had done something"