It's Not Where You Are, It's Who You're With

Swimming this deep into the ocean certainly was something new for Harry. There were schools of fish going by without fear, coral reefs full of life, and he just felt so free. Harry was never satisfied with his life as a privateer and always felt like he was destined for more; maybe that more was this.

But it's not like he, or anyone else, could have foreseen that he would turning into a merman while sinking with his ship, but Harry would take it over death any day. Especially now that he had met Louis. It was strange, having only met Louis a few hours ago but still having this odd connection with him. Harry chalked it up to Louis being the one who turned him this way and didn't question it.

"Louis? How far away is Atlantis? We've been swimming for hours." Harry asked, tugging back on Louis' hand.

"Not that much farther I promise. You're gonna love it." Louis said with his usual chipper attitude.

They swam for any hour longer and then Harry started to see it. A faint glow was coming through the horizon and the boys could see the starts of high towers. The closer they got, the more Harry could see of Atlantis. It had a large castle in the center and smaller buildings surrounding it. It seemed like they were all made of gold, or some other just as precious metal. Harry could see the tiny outlines of other mermen and mermaids swimming about and Harry wondered just how many of them there were.

"It's beautiful Louis." Harry said in amazement. "Where are you going to take me in there?"

Louis tensed a bit and looked back at Harry with a worried look. "Oh, um... The palace actually."

Harry stopped swimming. "The palace? What, are you some kind of prince?"

Louis shrugged. "Yeah, I'm not the crown prince or anything. I'm not going to become king, that's going to be my older brother, Liam, but yeah I'm still royalty. That's how I was able to turn you. Only mermen and mermaids with royal blood have magical abilities."

"So I kissed a prince and now I'm becoming his prisoner." Harry smirked.

"Oi! You're not my prisoner." Louis pouted. "But yeah, you kissed a prince."

Harry just laughed at Louis and swam next to him. "I can deal with that. Take me to your home, your highness."

~ ~ ~

The palace was the most beautiful place Harry had ever been in. It's grand hall stretched high up and centered around a large chandelier, the walls were covered with intricate paintings and carvings of Sea creatures, and there were guards with silver tails and armor floating along the edges.

"You really live here?" Harry asked, staring at his new surroundings.

"All my life." Louis said proudly. "Now come on, I want you to meet my brother!"

"The future king?" Harry asked nervously.

Louis just laughed at him and pulled him along again. "Yes, but he's not that scary. Plus he's been a good mood for a while now, he's getting married soon."

They made their way up to one of the domestic levels of the palace and Louis stopped them outside a room with large double doors. He knocked once but didn't wait for a reply before he opened the door. The room was really big and had different sets of armor lining the walls and weapons hung up. Then at the back of the room was a large clam, that was being pushed open by someone.

A boy climbed out, who couldn't be much older than Harry, and he smiled when he saw them. He had a long dark purple tail that, like Louis', was lined with gold around the fins. His body was covered with purple tribal tattoos the same color as his nails, and he was pretty ripped. Harry decided he never wanted to pick a fight with him, and he could see why he was going to be king.