Chapter 15: Bus-ted

"But dreams aren't memories." Stiles counters as we sit down at an empty table with our lunch trays.

"Then it wasn't a dream." Scott and I protest.

"Something happened last night, and we can't remember what." Scott adds.

"What makes you so sure that Derek even has all the answers?" Stiles' questions.

"Because during the full moon he wasn't changed." We both explain.

"He was in total control, while we were running around in the middle of the night attacking some totally innocent guy." Scott states and I slump down in my seat.

"You don't know that."

"We don't not know it." I counter.

"I can't go out with Allison." Scott sighs. "I have to cancel."

"No, you're not canceling, okay? You can't just cancel your entire life. We'll figure it out." Stiles interjects, trying to be optimistic. In the corner of my eye I see Lydia walking towards us and sits at our table, beside Scott and across from me. Lydia never openly associates herself with Scott and Stiles, what the hell is going on?! I look over at Stiles and he's speechless.

"Figure what out?" She asks and takes a bite out of her apple.

"Just, uh, homework." I answer quickly.

"Yeah." Scott agrees as Stiles' mouth opens and closes like a dying fish. 

"Why is she sitting with us?" Stiles whispers in my ear. I shrug my shoulder, staring at all of the people crowding our table. These popular kids never batted an eye in Stiles or Scott direction before and now they're sitting with us? Danny sits on the other side of me and gives me a quick side hug, which I quickly return. I look over and see Allison sitting beside Scott and smile at her. In the corner of my eye, I see Jackson strutting over to join our table.

"Get up." He tells Mike.

"How come you never ask Danny to get up?" Mike complains, looking around the table for support.

"Because I don't stare at his girlfriend's coin slot." Danny counters, causing me to snicker as I bite down into my sandwich. Mike huffs like a three-year-old as he picks up his tray and stomps down to the other end of the table. "So I hear they're saying it's some type of animal attack." Danny says, sparks up a conversation.

"Probably a cougar." I add.

"I heard a mountain lion." Jackson interjects.

"A cougar is a mountain lion." I laugh at Jackson's face as Lydia corrects him. "Isn't it?" I roll my eyes at her. You've been playing the dumb blonde card for six years now. I mentally sass her. She's literally the smartest person in this damn state yet she acts like Scott, no offense, I love him to death but he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

"Who cares?" Jackson rolls his eyes. That's the thing about Jackson, he has this whole façade with this tough guy act and it gets on my nerves sometimes. "The guy's probably some homeless tweaker who's gonna die anyway." Anger bubbles inside me as I grip onto my chair to control myself. Jackson can really get on my nerves sometimes, and right now is one of those times.

"Actually, I just found out who it is." Stiles speaks up, holding his phone out. "Check it out." He clicks plays and holds it up for all of us to watch.