Chapter 33: Necklace

"She's gaining on us Scott!" I yell from the back seat as Kate Argent speeds towards us.

             "Faster?" Scott asks.

             "Much faster." Stiles and I agree.

             "Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." Stiles sasses, looking in the side mirror.

             "If I go faster, I'll kill us." He yells, barely pushing eighty miles per hour.

             "Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" I exclaim, motioning behind us. "That's it, were switching." I declare.

             "WHAT!?"

             "It's totally cool. I saw it in a movie." I explain. "Okay, Stiles, you hold the wheel, Scott, don't take your foot off the gas. On three we switch... One."

             "Spence I don't think this is the best idea-" Scott looks back nervously.

             "Two."

             "Seriously, let's rethink-"

             "Three!" I quickly throw myself in the front seat as Scott lowers the back rest, allowing me to slip forward and him to slide back. I grib the steering wheel and shifts gears, the speedometer climbing to one-twenty.

             "That was so sick!"

             "That was so hot!" Scott and Stiles cheer.

             "Shut up." I laugh at both of them, trying to shake Kate off our tail. I make a sharp turn and look in the rear view mirror, not seeing Kate's car follow.

             "They're gone." Stiles points out. He turns on the radio he stole from his dad and we listen to the message.

             "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works." I shift gears again, not taking my eyes off the road as I speed down the street trying to get to Derek before anyone else does.

             "So much for staying out of sight, huh?" I mumble to myself as I speed through the works to find Derek hiding behind a forklift as Allison's father fires arrows at him.

             "Stiles open your door!" I yell, spinning 180°, giving Derek some cover as Stiles climbs in the back seat. "Get in!" I yell, Derek quickly jumps in just as Mr. Argent starts firing at us again, bullets hitting the car. I speed down the road before I open my mouth, yelling at Derek.

             "WHAT PART OF LAYING LOW DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

             "DAMN IT, I HAD HIM!" Derek yells, frustrated as he hits his dashboard with his hands.

             "Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asks, popping his head in between the seats.

             "Yes! He was right in front of me, and the fucking police showed up."

             "Oh, hey, they're just doing their jobs-" Stiles tries to defend and in the corner of my eye I see Derek giving him a death glare, shutting him up.

             "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek turns around in his seat, looking directly at Scott.

             "Can we seriously get past that?" Scott asks, hitting his head against his seat. "I made a dumbass mistake. I get it."

             "All right!" I shout. "How did you find him?" I question, Derek looks wearily in the rear view mirror, staring at the two in the back.