3

"Stop complaining." A scolded and I crossed my arms. "Big baby." She mumbled and I kicked her shin.

She had me in black high waist shorts that buttoned on both sides... she called it anti-rape wear just in case, and then a dark red top that showed some cleavage and it was really tight so even if Mark did attack me he would have to rip it off of me. I was wearing vans that matched the shirt and my necklace. My hair was straightened and I only had foundation, eyeliner and mascara on. Nothing too much.

"You look like mom." Ivory whispered from the door way and Aurora turned to look at her and then back at me.

"We all look like mom in some ways. You have her smile Ivory." I told her and stood up and walked closer and pulled her into a hug. "Make sure A doesn't follow me." I whispered to her and she giggled and nodded. "Alight, I better get going... unless you think I can stay."

"No! You are going!" Aurora shouted and I smiled and nodded. "Do I have to take you there myself?" She asked and I gave her a flat look. "Fine. Call when you are on your way home." She told me and I nodded and grabbed the small bag with my wallet, phone and pepper spray inside and threw it over my shoulder.

"Have fun." Ivory called as she and Aurora sat on the porch to watch me walk away. Only when I was on the bus did I think I should have driven there so I would make a quicker get away.

Mark and I never set a time to meet up, but somehow I just knew that he was going to be there waiting. 10 minutes on the bus and another 5 walking I pushed open the door to the bar and walked to the stools and faced forward, even when I knew Mark was walking up right behind me.

He hadn't even touched me yet and I shuddered.

"Didn't think you would actually show up." He told me leaning next to me and I smiled before giving him a leveled look.

"I told my sister about what you said. The whole mate thing, and she brought my parents into it. Guilt trip." I told him turning to face him now and he kept his eyes on my face.

"You look beautiful." He told me and gave me a small smile and I just returned it.

"Thank you... so if we aren't having our first date at a bar, where are you taking me?" I asked and he just licked his lips and just kept smiling. "Are you not going to tell me? Or did you just come to cancel?"

"Oh I am not canceling. It's called a surprise, come one." He said and held out his hand. I took it and he started pulling me out of the bar right away, keeping me close to his back as well. I didn't miss the looks other guys were giving me.

Aurora would so get it for making me wear safe yet short shorts. I walked with Mark just in front me before he opened a car door for me and waved me in. "Thanks." I got in and buckled up as Mark walked around to his side. "Can I know where we are going now?" I asked him and he just started the car and sent me a wink that made my heart flutter.

"We are going to see an alpha not too far away and getting the history books on wolves and mates." He told me and I opened my mouth and then closed it.

"An alpha?" I asked and he nodded giving me a curious gaze.

"You have never met one have you?" He asked and I looked down and shook my head. "You'll be fine. Just don't keep eye contact with him for very long." He told me and I nodded.

"He won't look at me funny will he?" I asked after a moment and he shook his head. "How did you know I was a wolf as well as a witch?"

"Because a wolf never has a mate that isn't a wolf." He told me giving my face a once over again.

"But that Dean guy.... he knew one he touched my arm too." I saw his jaw clench as soon as I said the word touch and bit my lip wondering if that angered him.