5

"I don't think this is fun!" I laughed at Mark's serious tone as we all piled onto the roller coaster.

"You haven't tried it yet." I told him as he sat next to me. We were at Cony Island and about to ride Cyclone and he was large but fit in the cars just enough so he wouldn't be uncomfortable. We were locked in place and I noticed his tight grip on the bar in front of us and I smiled. "We won't die." I told him and he looked over and down at me.

"Very reassuring."

"Oh is the big bad enforcer scared of an amusement park ride?" I asked as we started moving and he growled and sent me a fake glare, I knew I was fake because when we started climbing the first hill he gulped and his eyes flashed.

I took his hand in mine not missing the slight squeeze when he looked over at me as I faced forward. Once we were going fast his hand tightened on mine and I smiled as he started cursing.

"That wasn't so bad was it?" I asked him once it was all over and he shook his head before helping me out of the car. "Good, now lets go on another one." I stated and pulled his arm as my sisters said something about getting their pictures.

"You know, I never knew the appeal of these things." He said as we kept walking.

"What? Rides?"

"Amusement parks." He clarified and I turned to look at him. "We never went as kids... we were too vulnerable or hard to keep track of." He said with a shrug and I gave him a sad smile.

"Every month after we went camping we would come here, mainly because my parents felt bad for leaving us in a tent in the woods but the other part was that they were scared that we would never have any other memories besides them when we were older." I said and smiled as we came to stop in front of the ride we were going on next.

"What does this one do?" He asked and I smiled. "Electro Spin? What, we sit down and it spins us really fast?" He asked and my smile moved to a smirk as we waited in line. We were the last two on and he was buckled in before me and he looked confused. "We don't sit down do we?" He asked and I shook my head.

He screamed on that ride.

We went on the Thunderbolt and he got angry that it went upside down because he almost lost his phone. Then we went on Wild River, and then The Steeplechase before getting something to eat.

"So, what is your favorite ride?" He asked after we finished eating and I smiled.

"It's actually a simple one. The swings that go up high." I said and saw it going up as it spun as I told him.

Well then, lets go." He said and tugged my hand as my sisters waved us on. "Why is this one your favorite?" He asked as we waited in line and I smiled.

"Because this ride sort of made my parents fight over me. They both always wanted to go with me and then when I tried to pacify it they would just tell me that it was unfair. Being the oldest they didn't fight over me much, but it was always this ride that got them to show their love in a way they normally didn't." I shrugged knowing it sounded silly.

"Did you ever have to choose who went with you?"

"No, they eventually let one or the other go. But the argument lasted until we gave our tickets up."

"Has anyone ever been flung off of these things?" He asked as we walked through and went towards the open couple swing set.

"Not that I know of." I told him pulling the bar up and ducking under before sitting down on the outside and smiling at him as he pulled it way up higher and repeated my actions before clipping himself in and then using his weight to check the chain.