Chapter 3 - This Little Birdy

[[ ok here's another chapter. it may be a tad short sorry. tell me what u think of this story. I think it's dumb as hell ]]

•Kellin's POV

I was awoken by the shifting on the bed. My eyes immediately shot open.

I was momentarily blinded by the sunlight, but what blinded me even more is that I was next to Vic.

"What the hell?" I mumbled, still waking up.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up, but you like, came in here last night and insisted we sleep together - I mean like, sleeping sleeping, like asleep." Vic stuttered. It was adorable how nervous he was.

"Okay, chill" I order groggily. "I sleepwalk sometimes. I should've warned you. It's a side effect of my medication." I explain. ADHD was a bitch.

I climb out of the bed and stretch my arms. "I should uh, I should be going." Vic insists. I shake my head. "Slow down there speed racer. I'm taking you out to lunch." I say grinning. "How does Olive Garden sound?" I ask, walking out of the room into mine.

"I don't really have any money wi-" "Nuh uh honey, it's on me," I say raising my eyebrows. "Why would I offer to take you out and make you pay? Think Vic think." I argue before starting to laugh.

I close my bedroom door behind me and I then see a sleeping Jenna on my bed. How cute. She must've saw that... Me and Vic were in the same bed together. Oh god. I know she got the wrong idea. I begin to search through my closet for something to wear, before pulling out a pair of black jeans and a short sleeved white button up shirt. I change quickly and go back outside.

• Vic's POV
I sit on the couch, patiently waiting for Kellin; while going through all the texts from my ex-coworkers. One in particular caught my eye, from Jack.

Jack: hey vic. look, i'm just going to cut right to it. we need you back in the business. i know that gerard fired you but we are trying to convince him to try to atleast talk to you. we need you back in here, man. all of us know we need you. ill see if we can get you on the next trip. we're coming back from Colombia in 2 days. after that, next operation is South Africa. i promise u ill get Gerard to get u back here. deuces

Mid way reading, I was interrupted by Kellin tapping my shoulder. I quickly slammed my phone down on my lap causing mild pain. "Ow." I muttered.  I looked back at Kellin and he had wide eyes. "Are you ready?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Y- yeah I'm ready." I say, getting up and sliding on my vans.

---

"Dude." Kellin spoke, causing me to jump in my seat.  We were in the restaurant waiting for someone to come take our order.

"You need to chill." He added, making me realize I was tensing the whole time I've been in his presence. I immediately relaxed and apologized.

"I'm sorry, I'm just kind of stressed out." I speak. I feel bad Kellin wanted to deal with me in my current state right now.

"I thought you were broke?" I blurted.

"This little birdy got paid today." He smiled. His smile made my heart do a million backflips.

"Thank you for the lunch - I mean it was pretty thoughtful." I say awkwardly. I sounded so gay. Oh wait, I am.

"Not a problem. We should definitely hang out more, like, if it's okay with you, sometimes you don't look very comfortable around me." He inquired.

Before I could open my mouth to say anything, the waiter greeted us.

"Hi guys what ca- Vic?!" He gasped.

Just my luck. It was Jeremy, an ex-coworker that got fired before I did. Kellin couldn't get any hints. I was about to pee myself.

"Hi Jeremy. Can I get the Alfredo pa-" Jeremy interrupted me. "Wait, no no, Vic how are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be in Colombia? Oh no, don't tell me you got fired." He sulked. I nodded.

"Yeah can we not talk about that, I'm kinda upset about it." I half lied. I was sort of upset, that was my only source of income, but I just wanted him to stop talking about it.

When Jeremy walked away to put in our orders, Kellin spoke.

"Colombia? Why would you be in Colombia? Oh shit - you could've told me you were a drug smuggler."

My stomach turned and I looked at him with wide eyes. How?

"I'm messing with you, chill." He laughed.

That was close.