a farmboy and a guy like me?

"So... what do you think of her, Han?" Luke asked, knowing the Corellian had been eyeing the princess ever since they had saved her.

     "I'm trying not to, kid." Han responded.

     Under his breath, Luke blew out a grumble of relief. "Good..." However, he jerked up when Han kept talking.

     "Still, she's got a lot of spirit. I don't know, what do you think? Do you think a princess and a guy like me-"

     "No!" Luke said suddenly, cursing himself for being so abrupt. Han smiled in amusement and Luke tried not to melt in his chair.

     He knew Han had taken his outburst the wrong way. He thought Luke was jealous of Han, because he liked Leia.

     Not that Leia wasn't pretty, but Luke's attention was purely on the smuggler. Ever since he had laid eyes on him in the Mos Eisley Cantina, he knew he was completely in over his head.

     Ben hadn't even noticed as Luke had been acting nervous back at the cantina, yelling at Han for such a bad price when he really wanted that smuggler and only that one to take them.

     And he had acted like a stupid kid around him. So much that Han had even started calling him "kid". 

     But with so much they've been through up to this point, Han had even tried to save him back at the garbage masher! That had to mean something, right?

     Sighing, Luke fumbled with his shirt, which was still a little sodden from said garbage masher.

      "Luke?" Han asked, catching Luke's attention. The moment the blue irises landed on the large, concerned hazel ones, Luke felt his whole body heating up nervously. "You alright, kid? You look tense."

    Luke nodded hastily, straightening his unruly blonde hair.

     Han simply sighed and nodded, fiddling with more controls. Then, "What do you think of her?"

     "M-Me?" Luke stuttered.

     "No, Chewie. You're the only one in here kid." Han said with a sarcastic smirk that almost made Luke collapse.

     "Uh...well...I mean...she's not...bad?" Luke improvised.

     Han snorted. "Not bad? Interesting choice of words."

     Luke slumped in his seat, his face burning red in embarrassment.

     "Sorry." Luke murmured, beginning to clamber out of his chair and out of the cockpit. However, he didn't get very far before Han's hand was grasping his arm.

     Just the touch of the man made Luke stiffen, his heart pounding loudly in his chest and a fluttery feeling spreading around his body, tightening his nervous gut.

     "Kid, don't leave, I wasn't done. Didn't mean to embarrass you. So you like the princess, no big deal!" Han eased.

     Luke frowned and whirled to face Han. "I don't like her Han, shavit, just let it go!"

     Han blinked at the outburst and stared as Luke crumpled into tears.

     "Hey...Luke, I was just teasing. Are you alright?" Han asked, kneeling next to the shaking boy.

     "No...I'm not. You keep asking me about Leia, and...I don't like her! I...I like someone else!" Luke sobbed.

     "Who?" Han whispered, feeling deep down as if he knew the answer.

     "You." Luke said after a long shaky pause.

     Han paused right before he smiled his beautiful, attractive smile. "I don't know kid...a farm boy and a guy like me? How could I ever win your heart?"

     Luke's spirits soared and he leapt into Han's arms with a burst of happiness.

     Han pressed a kiss to his temple and stroked a hand through the fluffy blonde locks.

     "You already have." Luke whispered in response, his azure irises alight with love.

     Then he pushed forward and let his lips meet the Corellian's, startling him for only a brief moment before they both relaxed in the embrace.

     They didn't even notice the cockpit door open and Chewbacca's roar of surprise, which quickly turned into an urff of laughter.

     'It was only a matter of time.' Chewie growled in Shyriiwook before leaving the men to their privacy.

•••

FLUFF

Still a little short, but that's what one-shots are. XD

May the Force be with You,

- lucky_ducky_123