cuddles and hot chocolate

DOES CONTAIN TFA SPOILERS, READ WITH CAUTION

Normally, when Han awoke aboard his beloved ship, the Millennium Falcon, he was alone in one of the cots and grumpily trudging his way towards the cockpit to yell at his Wookiee co-pilot about tinkering unnecessarily once again. Now, when he woke, there was something warm and small pressed against him, a satisfying feeling that made his brain want to drift back into the bliss of unconsciousness. He wasn't one for snuggling, but this was definitely an exception...whatever it was.

    With sudden confusion, clouded hazels were forced open to look upon a blonde head pressed against his bare chest, the hair a disarrayed mess and the body below it in one of Han's shirts, way too long on his petite figure, boxers, and wool socks.

    Luke.

    With a smile, Han reached his hand up to stroke the kid's golden locks, smiling even wider as Luke mumbled in his sleep and cuddled closer to him, unconsciously seeking comfort from the Corellian. Han moved to sit up and looked down at Luke's relaxed features, awed at the innocence in the young boy's face. His bangs fell into his eyes, which hid a brilliant blue underneath and flickered with vivid dreams. Long lashes brushed smooth cheeks and his soft pink lips were opened just light enough to allow a small snore to leave him. Another sleepy groan left Luke as he shifted in his sleep and began to grab at Han's moving presence. Han grabbed the searching hand and jerked as he realized it was the prosthetic one. He stroked it lovingly and knew Luke would be asleep for a few more minutes.

    Reluctantly, Han clambered out of the cot and moved back to tuck the blanket further around Luke's thin frame. A moan of protest came from the boy and his hand clutched at the empty space once again. He began to shift more, whimpers leaving him as he realized that he was now alone. Han frowned at that, kneeling down and looking at the once blissful but now brow-furrowed face of the Skywalker kid he had fallen for.

    He wondered how he would cheer up Luke when he woke up distressed, like he had been the past few days, and a bright idea came to his head. He chuckled and pressed a kiss to the sleeping boy's temple before running towards the small kitchen area he had in his ship. He grabbed for a small mug and began to boil some water. Then his hand went for the hot chocolate mix, Luke's favorite.

    Lando had first introduced the drink to Luke, who on first taste had immediately fallen into a sugar craze. He constantly asked for it when he was thirsty, admiring the sweet chocolatey taste that melted in his mouth. Once Han finished adding the mix to the hot water, he stirred it thoroughly and then added a few dozen marshmallows to create nice goopy foam over the top of the liquid delicacy. Sighing at the overly-pleasant scent, Han moved to make himself a mug as well.

    By the time he made it back to the room, Luke was sitting on the edge of the cot and rubbing his eyes tiredly, blinking hazy azure irises up at his boyfriend. "H-Han? How long have you been up?"

    "Not long, Junior. But I made your favorite." Han said with a grin before sitting down next to the boy and handing him one of the mugs. Luke's tired facade instantly melted as his eyes lit up in excitement.

"Hot chocolate!" He exclaimed, grabbing for the mug and blowing on it lightly before taking a large sip. Han chuckled as the mug withdrew quickly after, Luke fanning his tongue to stop the burn.

    "Careful, kid." Han said with a laugh, still blowing on his.

    Luke blushed, his cheeks and his ears a deep pink as he sipped lighter at the warm drink and sighed in content. A small trail of foam made its way to the top of Luke's lip and Han burst into laughter. Luke chuckled as well and licked the marshmallow goop off his lip.

    "Thanks, Han. I needed that." Luke said shyly as he set his mug down with a sigh, stretching out his arms above his head and yawning. Han just shook his head in amusement, always forgetting how small Luke was as he stood up.

    Han stood himself, realizing he and Luke were still both in their pajamas. He was about to turn to leave in order to change when Luke grabbed his hand. He blinked as Luke moved forward and stood op his tiptoes, pressing his lips to Han's as best he could. Han laughed through the embrace and then lowered himself so they could properly kiss, his hand on the back of Luke's head.

    Luke giggled as well, pulling away finally and still blushing adorably. Han ruffled his head and winked. "I'll be back soon. You should get dressed too. Who knows what Chewie might take apart next?"

    Luke laughed and watched as Han walked away, hugging himself close and trying to stay warm.

    He tried to push his nightmare away, but it still pressed at him, taunting him. He remembered the fear when the warmth had disappeared from his dream, Han going and leaving him alone...the panic he had felt.

    And some young man with black hair piercing Han through the chest with a strange red lightsaber...letting him fall into the abyss below...

"It was just a nightmare." Luke said to reassure himself, moving his fingers over his lips to feel the remnants of Han's kiss. He curled his toes in his socks and bit his lip, all nervous habits of his. Finally, he turned to get dressed, his hand lingering on the fabric of Han's shirt before he pulled it off and replaced it with his own clothes.

***

Short and sweet...but sad.

You guys know me by now.

A daily dose of feels is exactly what every fan needs. XD

And yes, I'm working on Ghost! I got the prologue in the editing stage so hopefully soon! :)

PS - isn't the media photo just the best?
THEY HAVE MATCHING SPACE PAJAMAS. And Luke is totally wearing Han's shirt, your argument is invalid. In fact this photo inspired this one-shot.

*more space hugs*

May the Force be with You,

- lucky_ducky_123