15. you were perfect

After driving for what felt like days but was only hours, Calum (who had been driving for the past couple of hours) pulled off into a motel. The sudden turning shook Iris from her peaceful slumber and she opened her eyes suddenly and she looked around blearily.

"Where are we?"

"Some motel I found, I'm desperate for a comfortable bed." Calum said.

"Oh okay, sounds brilliant, I feel the same way." Iris stretched out of the now parked car and walked into the reception to pay for a for room. After doing that, both her and Calum grabbed their bags and slumped their way up to their room. When they got inside, Calum dropped his bag and fell backwards onto the bed, his eyes closed and a sigh leaving his lips.

"It feels good to have my muscles stretched out like this," he moaned and Iris giggled, before laying down next to him.
They both turned to look at each other and Iris smiled shyly, before leaning in to plant a gentle kiss on Calum's lips. Calum smiled through the kiss as he raised his hands to wrap around her neck and pull her closer to him. Iris moaned as the kiss deepened, as their tongues danced back and forth together between their mouths, and Calum wrapped his fingers around the hair at the nape of her neck and tugged slightly. Her mouth fell open at the sensation it brought, and he took that opening to start kissing down her neck. Her neck arched in response, allowing him more access and more room to plant his lips. One of his hands stayed in her hair, and the other slid down to grasp her waist and pull her until she was almost on top of him. As her hands started wandering down the front of his shirt, she gently pushed against his chest, making their bodies separate.

"What happened? Are you okay? Did I hurt you? Do you want to stop?" Calum's eyes were dark with concern and the underlying tone of lust, left over from the moment they had just had.

"Oh no, it's nothing you did, you were um," Iris' cheeks flushed slightly darker, "you were perfect. I just thought we were moving a bit fast and I was overwhelmed."

"Yeah that's not something I want, I don't want to rush into anything. I'm in this for as long as you want, and I don't want to rush in and then have either of us regret it." Calum leaned in to plant a small careful peck on her lips once more.

Iris smiled after their lips separated and snuggled down to lay her head between his shoulder and his neck, feeling his warmth radiating off his skin and onto hers. She felt his hand run down her arm and back up, his fingers trailing along gently, making goosebumps appear on her skin as he did.

"Can we sleep for a bit and then do something later?" Calum smiled down at the top of Iris' head.

Iris' head perked up slightly to make eye contact with Calum, "can I take you on a date Calum Hood?"

Calum smiled and placed his lips onto Iris' forehead in a gentle embrace, "I would love that Iris Daniels."

**********************

Calum woke from a 2 hour slumber to the sight of Iris' sleeping face only inches from his own. Her mouth was slightly open as gentle breaths slipped between her lips, her face was smooth of any lines as she was free from life's troubles and worries in sleep. Her hair had escaped from its tie and wisped around her face in tendrils that tickled Calum's face and made his nose crinkle. He stopped himself from laughing as she raised a hand to scratch her nose, making it wrinkle up like a rabbit. He gently blew onto her closed eyelids and they fluttered open; she looked beautiful, beautifully flawed...that is until her head reared back from the onslaught of his breath and her neck pushed back to create a double chin.

"What the fuck?"

"Good afternoon to you too." Calum laughed, rolling away from her to get out of the bed.