Chapter 1

(Donna's POV)

"I'll see you later?" Asked my best friend Hazel. She looked at herself in my locker mirror, then proceeded to apply her super shiny lip gloss. The amount of gloss on her lips was already blinding.

"Hazel, you're going to cheer practice, not shopping." I laughed as I put my socials textbook into my side bag.

"You know, I'd like that sentence better if you said 'WE were going to cheer practice.' But no, you like to stay in your room like a bat, only you look more like a model."

"They live in caves Hazel, and you know cheering my thing." I argued.

"Whatevs! God Donna, you're so uptight."

I stopped what I was doing and turned toward her, then I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. This girl knew how offended I can get whenever people call me uptight.

"Sorry! I didn't mean it, I swear!!" She raised her hands in defeat and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah.. Now go before Coach gives you hell!"

"Right! Bye baby girl!!" She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed the air beside my cheek.

People find it so strange how we're best friends and frankly I have to agree, we're complete opposites! She's your typical dumb blonde. She's popular, pretty, and a total social butterfly, then there's me. Quiet, shy, bookworm Donna. That's what everyone knows me by. Well, people also know me because of my total athletic jerk-like big brother, Darren who graduated a couple years ago. It's pretty insane because we're total opposites too, we looked nothing alike because he had dad's looks, while I had mom's. You should've seen the people's reaction when they found out we were related.

"Hey Don!" Speak of the devil.

"Hi Darren." I sighed.

He leaned against the lockers like he was starting a photo shoot, then started to text. He was completely unaware of all the freshmen and sophomores drooling at his feet. Just like me, he hated the unwanted attention, well most of it. He did after all have a girlfriend, Skye, and they lived happily in a little house in the quiet part of the city.

"Ready." I chimed as I slammed my locker. I loved the fact that big bro has to drive me home whenever he's in town, I mean why wouldn't I? Maybe if I just got my licence already he wouldn't have to, but we both like the bonding moments. Darren worked and worked until he saved enough money to buy an old Chevy truck, then he went to university for engineering, or something like that. Mom and dad are always working, so it's good I have SOME family time.

"Are you kidding me?" He groaned suddenly. "Stay here Don." It was the sound of people arguing and shouting that gained his attention. When he went here, he was always a hero. 

"Darren, you don't even go here anymore!" My words were pointless because he was already halfway down the hall.

I scoffed angrily, but I stayed put. I looked down the hall and saw some sort of group forming around some kids. Suddenly forgetting about my brother's orders, I walked forward and saw everything more clearly now.

Jason Grimwald stood in the middle of the hallway. He had his red hoodie up like he always does, books in one hand, and his bag on his left shoulder. Across from him was Ben, Charles and Jeremy, the 3 annoying-amigos. These tools always messed with Jason and the younger grades it was unbelievable.

"Boys! What the hell is going on here?!"

I smiled at my brother's superiority and watched the show. Everyone knew who he was, after all he was the total package when he went here. All P.E teachers and coaches would use him as an example and to be honest, it felt good being related to him.